Multisite Privacy with SSO by Simple Google Connect

When trying to use Multisite Privacy to restict access to logged in users only, in combination with the Google Singe Sign On provided by Otto's Simple Google Connect, I find that it is no longer possible to login via SSO.

I tried Ron Rennick's plugin Network Privacy and that one does work (even if not very smoothly) with login via SSO. Would it be possible to get Multisite Privacy to work with SSO?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings RavanH,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings RavanH,

Thank you for your kind reply which is certainly appreciated.

Good luck with the application!

so I should be able to hack something up myself. It's just that I don't want to have it overwritten on the next upgrade, or having to maintain my own fork of the plugin

Understood - I admit I am only part of the support staff and not a coder myself but assure you I will do what I can for this request.

Sincerely, Joe

• RavanH
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Joe, your efforts are much appreciated :slight_smile:

Could you inform the plugin dev that I have found a way around the issue but that I'd like to know how it will impact plugin behavior in other cases? I can send the solution by e-mail or post it here, whatever suits best...

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings RavanH,

Could you inform the plugin dev that I have found a way around the issue but that I'd like to know how it will impact plugin behavior in other cases?

Why certainly I will and I will send a flag to him right now.

I already have one standing for the feature request but your request is obviously a different item and I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.