Multisite, Pro sites, Buddy Press, Market Press

Ok guys, I am just making sure I am on the right path.....

So I am building a site that I will have 4 main levels to.

Stranger: NOT LOGGED IN

"all below will have access to edit profile" but is there a profile for membership, prosites and buddypress and can I make the all one?

Visitor: FREE
(can only view certain pages, post and view classifieds and interact in buddypress)

PRO: $9.99/month
(can only view certain pages, post edit and view classifieds, view the business directory, interact in buddypress and forum)

EXE: $21.99/month
(can only view certain pages, post edit and view classifieds, add view edit in the business directory, interact in buddypress and forum and create there own blog with EXE access to certain plugins and themes))

Elite: 49.99/month
(can only view certain pages, post edit and view classifieds, add view edit in the business directory, interact in buddypress and forum ....and create there own blog with elite access to certain plugins and themes, page creation etc.)

Ok so right now I have multisite installed and activated...
(Do I need multisite to allow certain users to create a blog?)

I also have membership and prosites installed and active.....
(Do I need them both for what I am trying to do? Do the work together? I DONOT want any users to login after signup through the wp-admin link, I only want them to sign up on the front end of my site. So is there a shortcode etc. for that?

Also when my users sign up for any of these levels I only want them to sign up once for every access point I offer in each level they sign up for "same for login".)

So buy having both membership and prosites active is this over kill and which would be better for the master signup, login/out, access level and buddypress features?

Whew, hope that wasn't to much!!!!

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

Stranger: NOT LOGGED IN

"all below will have access to edit profile" but is there a profile for membership, prosites and buddypress and can I make the all one?

I'm not so sure what you mean here?

If they are not logged in, they won't have a profile to edit.

there own blog with EXE access to certain plugins and themes

EXE?

Ok so right now I have multisite installed and activated...
    (Do I need multisite to allow certain users to create a blog?)

Yup.

I also have membership and prosites installed and active.....
    (Do I need them both for what I am trying to do? Do the work together? I DONOT want any users to login after signup through the wp-admin link, I only want them to sign up on the front end of my site. So is there a shortcode etc. for that?

They will work together, there is not integration with them though.

If you provide options for them to log in from the frontend then they will be able to like:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sidebar-login/

If you want to have premium options like more space, plugins, themes, etc, then you need Pro Sites.

If you want to protect content, pages, etc, then you need Membership.

But if they signup for a membership you could then allow them to create blogs. They won't get a Pro Site Level unless they then also signup in Pro Sites to upgrade their blog. So it would be two checkouts currently.

If you want to integrate the two so when they get a membership they also get a Pro Site level then that would take some custom coding currently.

Take care.

• crem

@Timothy thaaaaaank you for the rapid response....ok so just ignore the Stranger indicated level I was simply stating that it is a level.

EXE just means executive :slight_smile:

Now as for the good stuff....

In membership in the access level tab I simply just dropped the "create a blog" link in the the EXE. and Elite level. Also right now I am not even seeing the prosites sign up page anywhere and it looks as if people can sign up for those two levels and utilize the blog feature. Don't know if that is a good thing or not. As for buddypress does that integrate with membership?

• Timothy Bowers

EXE just means executive :slight_smile:

Ah I was thinking you mean some kind of executable file type software thing at first.

In membership in the access level tab I simply just dropped the "create a blog" link in the the EXE. and Elite level.

Yup, that will restrict how many blogs can be created.

Also right now I am not even seeing the prosites sign up page anywhere and it looks as if people can sign up for those two levels and utilize the blog feature.

Pro Sites doesn't have a custom signup form. The plugin is a blog upgrade plugin, so they create their site as normal in WordPress or BuddyPress (when enabled) and then they can upgrade either by visitin Pro Sites page (created by the plugin) or by going to their site admin for upgrading.

Membership does have options for BuddyPress like group creation, you can also protect with URL Groups.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.