Multisite + Pro Sites + BuddyPress (+ bbPress) So I logged

Multisite + Pro Sites + BuddyPress (+ bbPress)

So I logged in as my test user (a standard registered user) and I clicked on a WP-Admin link and I get the WordPress "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." Before Pro Sites, I could access the WP-Admin to modify profile settings, use the invites plugin, and support plugin. Now I can't.

Another problem, on sub sites when the test user is logged in, they see the Pro Sites button in the Admin bar when they are logged in. Again, the test user does not have any permissions. The test user is a default subscriber (and forum participant).

Feature requests:
* Don't show the make a blog on the signup form.
* Make a setting to make the user pay to make the blog and remove the free role.
* Clean up some of the wording on the pages as some of the sentences are pretty confusing to a new user to Pro Sites.
* Theme the Checkout page (Short codes, colors, etc).
* Add descriptions to the different levels.

This is the only WPMU Dev plugin that needs a page to function and doesn't have short codes :slight_frown:

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Zach

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

It seems, there is some problem with settings of Pro Sites. Would you please make sure that you have added the site in pro site level? We have a nice series of tutorial in youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tms-s9dJSGw&list=PLV1BcivFAIdsTVeVSROVN2SaBrBW3RKez

Thanks for the feature request. But if you want to be paid on creation of a blog, you can use Pay to Blog module that comes up with Pro Site plugin, in Pro Sites > Modules/Gateways.

Cheers
    Ash

• Zachary
    • The Incredible Code Injector

But, the pay to blog module makes the blog creation form on the registration screen and and I have turned on the Pay to Blog and you can still "create" the blog without paying. It will add it to the database and what not. I have viewed all of the tutorials before I installed it :smiley:. Video tutorials = Easier to use.
    As for the issue with the Upgrade buttons being shown for non-site admins and the no permissions?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Zach

It seems you are using BuddyPress registration form. If anyone creates account from BP registration form, he is not assigned to any role by default. So they are not subscribers and got no access to admin dashboard. You have to manually add them for a role.

To add manually, please go to Users > Add new from your site menu and then Add existing user section. Give the email or ID, the user will be added in your site.

So, it's not about Pro Sites, it's about BuddyPress.

If you create subscriber from your dashboard, he should be able to access dashboard too.

Cheers
    Ash

• Zachary

It must have been a bug then and now it is fixed. Thanks for the help. Is there a way to make a page for the invites plugin and a page for the support plugin?

Also, you still haven't told me about the problem with the Pro Sites buttons for users that are not part of that site. Attached is a screenshot of a user with no permissions on that site and you can see the pro sites button in the admin bar. Users that are even subscribers should not see that. Could there be an option "Show the button for; Administrators, Editors, Authors..."

But if you want to be paid on creation of a blog, you can use Pay to Blog module that comes up with Pro Site plugin, in Pro Sites > Modules/Gateways.

This didn't fully answer my question. I don't want the form to be on the BuddyPress registration form at all. I want it to be on the pro sites page. A problem with the pay to blog feature is that when you do signup with a blog and you don't pay, it still creates the blog. You just can't access it. I want it to be so there isn't a blog created from someone who didn't pay. It makes more work if I do database cleanups and more work because you have to delete the site.

Also, after this conversion, I have thought of another idea for a feature. "Delete Blog After X Days Without Payment" This would delete the site if they haven't paid for it after so long.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Zach

Thank you for your patience.

Users that are even subscribers should not see that.

In fact, this is Pro Sites default feature, I count your option as a feature request. But for now, you can just hide the button from the top bar. For this go to Pro sites > Settings and then check the box for "Hide Admin Bar Button" and it will hide the button for all user. Site owner will still have the link in their dashboard.

"Delete Blog After X Days Without Payment"

Also marking as a feature request.

And yes, I am agree with you about the pay to blog add on.

In buddypress registration form there should be an option asking the user if he needs a blog or not. See screenshot please.

Also, I need to change the size of my screenshots whenever I upload one. Could you bump the upload limit to 750k?

Actually we have a lots of member in this forum and the uploaded file size is restricted to reduce file size load in the server. In that case, you can use http://screencast.com/

Also I was going to check your site again and the password is changed. First I thought I mistyped and now I am blocked :p

I am tagging the developer, and I hope he will come up with great suggestions.

Cheers
    Ash

• Aaron
    • CTO

Feature requests:

Not sure what that means.

* Make a setting to make the user pay to make the blog and remove the free role.

Pay to blog behavior is the only option due to technical limitations. We have plans to change that soon though.

* Clean up some of the wording on the pages as some of the sentences are pretty confusing to a new user to Pro Sites.

Examples?

* Theme the Checkout page (Short codes, colors, etc).
    * Add descriptions to the different levels.

This is in progress and more than half way complete.

• Zachary

Sweet!

What I mean by this is make a page just to make a site. Don't display the form on the BuddyPress/WordPress registration form.

As for the Pay to Blog feature, it shouldn't setup the site until the first payment has been made. Otherwise the site is still 'exists' in the database and network settings (makes it harder for database cleanups when the user did not even pay in the first place).

As for this I was mainly talking about the wording on the email section. It makes it confusing what the variables actually do. Like, is variables 'SITENAME' and 'SITEURL' talking about their site name and their site URL or is it talking about the network home? (I've figured it out after trial and error). Also under premium plugins, it should say what none does. Does it grant access like a normal non-network activated plugin through the plugins tab or does it completely hide it from everyone except super admins?

There is somethings I have noticed in the past few days.

* For post/page quotas, some of the custom post types are disabled. Like I am using JetPack and the quota will not let me set the 'Feedback' post type to unlimited. It says it taking the pages limit. Media as well. I want that to be unlimited because I have the limited space for each pro site.
    * What if I had multiple main sites I run. Lets say I have my companies site and then my blog which is a sub site of my network. I want to bypass all restrictions of Pro Sites. There should be a module that adds a no-restriction to the sites (I am running six sites that need it).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.