Multisite Redirect Loop

Hi, I have a multisite hosted on wpengine. wpengine provided a domain link like mysite.wpengine.com and the site was setup on that and all was working fine. The links to subsites I created where like subsite.mysite.wpengine.com.

Created a cname record on my actual domain to redirect mysite.com to mysite.wpengine.com. Now I am able to access the WP admin panel at mysite.com/wp-admin but when I try to access the network admin panel the system throws an error saying "too many redirects". Has anyone come across this issue? or know a solution to resolve the issue?

Wondering whether the issue is due to how the links to subsites are i.e. the link has a subdomain to a subdomain?

• John Overall
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The issue could be the way the links are done could also be a corrupt .htaccess file. It does sound like using the cname record is confusing things up. Keep in mind when going to the Network admin the path is "domain.com/wp-admin/network so this is another layer down.

John Overall

• Dominic
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello,

Yeah I've had more than my fair share of issues relating to this, WP isn't a big fan of you changing the domain of the main site in multisite. Here's a few things to check and potentially update:

Database:
    - wp_site table - this needs to contain a single record with the main site domain
    - wp_blogs - the domain for your main site needs to be correct
    - wp_options - site url and site address need to be correct

Files:
    - wp_config.php - the multisite related code, I think the constant name is "CURRENT_SITE" also needs to be correct with your main site domain

That's off the top of my head, let me know if these don't fix it and I'll look into what I did last time.

Cheers,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.