Multisite Sites are 404 Not Found

I've set up a Multisite Network but no matter how I go about it, I continue to get 404 Not Found for anything other than the primary site. I tried every possible recommendation for changes to .htacces, httpd.conf and wp-config.php and nothing helped other than bringing the whole thing down (I must have made a bad edit to my wp-config.php file somewhere along the way).

Can you provide some kind of guidance (I have read all of your site's articles on setting up Multisite, domain mapping and multi-domains - none have proven helpful)?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello John,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

If you read our articles on Multisite and also this one I think there's no better/more detailed guidance.

This seems like an individual case and I think the first thing to check would be whether the wild card has been properly configured for the domain that you are using.

You mentioned that you brought the site down. Does it mean that you removed multisite-related settings or did you removed entire WordPress install?

If the site was up (even the "broken" one) and I could access it I would then review the setup and hopefully would also be able to suggest a solution. Let me know please if this is possible.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.