Multisite Storage Space Quote Reached But Media Library Empty?

We have a site within a multisite network that did have plenty of media in the uploads folder and subsiquently the storage space said it was full.

I removed the media from the library and even via FTP there is nothing there now.

However, within the dashboard it is still saying...
500.00 MB (100%) Space Used

How can i reset this amount as it should be 0% used.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello uol,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

If you're 100% sure that a substantial amount of space was made free, that's most likely the "server side stat issue". What I mean is that on many servers (it's very often on shared hosts) the storage quota stats/limits are not updated in a real time but on a schedule - every couple of hours or even days.

I'm not sure how long has passed since you have removed those files but it might be worth to just wait a bit more or - if it's already quite long - there might be some option in cPanel/server management panel to regenerate/re-check these stats (whether it's available or not, that usually depends on how your host configured the management panel).

If that doesn't help either (or is not available), I suggest getting in touch with the host and asking them if they could "force re-check" of the quota. In case they said it's still exhausted, ask them please if they could generate the list of folders on your account along with their sizes. Such a list would let you identify what's actually "clogging up" the space (often overlooked aspect are e-mail accounts, if there are any).

But I think that most likely that's just a matter of re-checking the current storage use so your host should be able to help you with that.

Let me know how that went, please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.