Multisite Sub-Domains - Allow All Users

How do I allow all users to use the sub-domains of my multisite. I know that I could add them manually but that defeats my purpose of the multisite. I want people to be able to register on one site and that should give them access to all sites. When they delete their membership I want their membership deleted on all sites.

Thank you

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

Thank you Sajid. I uploaded the plugin you suggested from WPMU. I selected master and sub-sites. All went well, except that my users were not added to the subsites. I uninstalled, turned on debug and reinstalled but there are still no users, and there is no log.

Please see screenshots show that
    1. debug is activated
    2. there are no logs
    3. users are not sync'd

Please note also that there are no domains listed as mapped, but when I go into each site, they appear as mapped.

Would appreciate your help. Thank you.
    Support Access is granted

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Mary,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Apologies for confusion, WordPress User Sync plugin is not compatible with WordPress MultiSites.

However, I have an alternate solution for you that I tested on my own site and it worked for me.

1. Install Cloner plugin on your site and network activate it.

2. Go to Network -> Settings -> Cloner and uncheck all other options. It should be like the screenshot below.

3. Go to Network -> Sites and click on clone link of main site.

4. Select the existing site where you want to copy all the users and other options like below screenshot.

5. In next step click on continue button.

6. This will process and you will be redirected to your target site when done.

Repeat this process to clone the users on all of your subsites.

For automatic synchronization for new users on your WordPress mulsities you can use the following plugin.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-user-sync/

Note: It is always recommended and best practice to take full backup of your website before installing plugins and playing with content specially. You can take backups of your database using Snapshot plugin.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.