Multisite Subscriber Import & Membership Levels

Setting up a multisite where I'd like each site administrator to be able in import their own subscriber lists (csv, excel, etc.) Subscribers should then have the ability to purchase different membership levels (Member, Gold Member, etc.) Then content should be able to be restricted based on membership level.

Please advise on a possible solution/configuration to achieve this functionality.

Thanks.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Brian,

Thanks for your question and hope you are having a good day so far!

To import the users you could use a plugin such as this one here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/import-users-from-csv/

Our Membership plugin can handle the rest :slight_smile:

You will be able to setup the content each membership level can access then send the users to the subscriptions pages where they can purchase the subscription that is best for them.

We have an awesome video tutorial on Membership that I highly recommend checking out: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV1BcivFAIdtF4p7CYVfMbVAJ4JQ1Rpe9

If you still have questions after that then please post back and we'll be happy to answer them :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• Brian
    • New Recruit

Tyler,
    Thank you, this was very helpful.

Next step would be to integrate custom user meta-data from import and other fields of data collection to be integrated into registration process.

Such as in cases where I'd like to adjust subscription level (cost of membership) based on values in custom fields from import. An example would be if a user had a "total_cars" field in my CSV with a value of 2, and a basic membership level costs $25 per car, how can I integrate data across the two functions to know that for that user basic membership will cost $50?

Thanks again.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Brian,

Glad it's been helpful so far :slight_smile: let's see what we can do about your second question here.

Next step would be to integrate custom user meta-data from import and other fields of data collection to be integrated into registration process.

So, essentially you are wanting the price of the membership to be conditional depending on what they enter into the sign up form? This is a very cool idea and something that is not currently built into the plugin; however, perhaps we can figure out a workaround.

The below option would work for new/future sign-ups

I am thinking perhaps creating a custom user registration form with a plugin like Gravity Forms then upon submission redirecting them to a specific subscription sign up page depending on their selections.

Using your example above, say 1 car = silver membership and 2 car = gold membership. You can create each membership in your subscription plans then use a shortcode such as:

[subscriptiontitle subscription="1"] – The title of the subscription.
    [subscriptiondetails subscription="1"] – The Subscription plan details.
    [subscriptionprice subscription="1"] – The subscription plan price.
    [subscriptionbutton subscription="1"]  - And the subscription plan button

To show them on 2 different pages. Then when a user selects "1 car" from their sign up, which corresponds with silver membership, once they submit the form it will redirect them to your silver membership page where they can simply click "subscribe" and it's done, since they are already signed up. Here is a page that gives info on Gravity Froms confirmation logic: http://www.gravityhelp.com/gravity-forms-1-7-new-confirmations/

The one downside of this method is that you need to have a separate page for each subscription plan. If you have a lot of possible subscription plans then you would have a lot of pages; however, to your users it will be very streamlined and give just the 1 button to click after sign up.

Hopefully this makes sense. I will still move this into the features and feedback section to be considered for a future update, conditional sign ups would be a pretty cool feature to have built in :slight_smile:

The issue is that Membership doesn't support multiple pricing for 1 subscription plan. So you would have to two subscription plans(1 car and 2 car) then hide the 1 car one if they are needing the 2 car plan.

Hopefully that helps and provides some insight!

Let us know if you have any further questions here. Happy to help further.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.