Multisite - subsite administrator

Dear Support,

I have been building a few sub-sites using multi-site. Now I have finished building one of them and want to pass the subsite to the new person who will admin the site.

I want to create a subsite A administrator, how can I do it? I tried to create ros1 in subsite A as administrator, but ros1 can also go into the mainsite and other subsites, B and C ... Why? How can I specify ros1 is the administrator of subsite A and just a normal "subscriber" in the main site, and subsite B and C?......

Also, an editor in site A should be just a subscriber of any other site in the network, how do I set it up?

I've "Join My Multisite" activated, is this causing the problem?

Please help.

Regards

• Sajid

Hello SP Wong,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

That is strange and something must be interfering with default WordPress User Management system, may be Join My Multisite. But to figure out what exactly is causing this issue, then we have to run a plugin/theme conflict test on your multisite by temporarily deactivating all plugins and switching to default WordPress theme. Create or test the user, if it works the way it should then first switch to your current theme and then check again. If still works, there must be a plugin that is the culprit, so now to find the exact one, we have to activate each plugin one by one and keep checking the user.

See more details about basic troubleshooting protocol on getting support manual (flowchart).

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.