Multisite Theme Manager permissions issue with WP Multi-Networks

I have created a multi-network system to separate separate network/buddypress installations, giving a little more customization options per buddypress install while sharing a user base and marketpress base.

So far all of your plugins have worked great with this new system except Multisite Theme Manager.

I am getting a permissions issue saying that I do not have admin privileges to edit. It is not showing up on the settings page. When I follow the link that shows up on the theme page an error message says “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”

The plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-multi-network/

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Carlen!

I was just able to edit the theme details of several of your themes via Network Admin > Themes without getting a permission error, and I was able to find the Multisite Theme Manager settings in the Network Admin dashboard, under settings, as well. Is there something key I’m missing here that I can do to reproduce your issue?

Thanks!

• Carlen
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Michelle,

The theme manager is working just fine on the main network, but not the sub networks. I it looks like I don’t have permissions with my membership level to give you direct access to the sub-netwrork as well and I have another open ticket on the main network.

You can log in by going to healers.community/wp-admin/ using the login I created for Vinod Dalvi on Tuesday. I’ll resubmit the the login information and Tag you in it.

Thank you for your help. WPMU’s team is the best!

• Carlen

So I found the issue and a little hack, but it’s not perfect.

The issues is on line 76 of the multisite-theme-manager.php the plugin checks to see if it is blog 1.

//if in setup mode, disable everything for other sites then main.
    if( isset($this->options['setup_mode']) && ($this->options['setup_mode'] == 0 || ($this->blog_id == 1 && $this->options['setup_mode'] == 1)) ) {

I simply replaced it with this to add two exceptions for each of the current sub network blogs.

//if in setup mode, disable everything for other sites then main.
    if( isset($this->options['setup_mode']) && ($this->options['setup_mode'] == 0 || ($this->blog_id == 1 && $this->options['setup_mode'] == 1) || ($this->blog_id == 3394 && $this->options['setup_mode'] == 1) || ($this->blog_id == 3392 && $this->options['setup_mode'] == 1)) ) {

This isn’t ideal, because it requires manual setup per network, but will work for me if you don’t have a prettier solution. If this is the best solution is there a way I can code this in the system so it is not overwritten when the plugin is updated?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Heya, Carlen!

I just talked to my colleague @jack Kitterhing, we’re going to create a second level ticket, and he’s going to help you create a custom hook in Multisite Theme Manager which will allow you to put this edit in it’s own plugin, so you won’t need to worry about updating whenever the plugin updates, you could install the plugin on each of your sub-networks.

Thanks for your patience here.

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi Carlen,

This can be the Setup Mode still enable. The code saying if the setup mode is disable, else, you can only access to the theme menu of your main blog. So in this case, just need to go to WP Network Admin->Settings->Multisite Theme Manager and set the Setup Mode to Disable.

If you have any issues please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can assist.

Best regards,

Hoang

• Carlen

Hi Hoang,

The original issue is that is does not give me permission to edit the settings, i.e., Setup Mode, unless I first make an exception as shown above. The code above is working as long as I switch it out each time I update the theme. Michelle said that someone was going to help me with a hook. If this is still in the works that would be very helpful. If not then I’ll simply mark this as resolved.

~Carlen

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @carlen,

I hope you are well today.

I do think there is a glitch of the plugin config data, we can fix it by manually re-update the data, which you can’t for now because the permission issue. I will need more information for this, can you please send in:

– Mark to my attention – ATTN: Hoang Ngo

– Link back to this thread

– Include admin/network access

– Include cPanel (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)

– Include FTP

– Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select “I have a different question”, this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.

Best regards,

Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.