multisite with subdomains on Godaddy hosting

I'm having a bit of trouble getting multisite subdomains to work. I have godaddy shared hosting and I was able to add a wildcard A record in my DNS settings, but it just goes to an image saying "sorry this site is not available"
I've created the blog subfolder, updated wp-config and .htaccess with all the changes that all the multisite tutorials say to, but my multisite sites aren't working.

• Eric G.
    • The Crimson Coder

GoDaddy is a pain in the neck with this. I know with a past site they were going to require me to have a dedicated IP address in order to do it. That was several years ago. I did a little research for you and found the same answers. Talk to them about it.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hiya bheadrick,

It does sound like it could be a server setup issue, but would it be possible to test and see, using a sub-directory installation, if everything works fine at least with that?

It'll help determine if this really is a sub-domain issue.

Cheers,
    David

• bheadrick
    • New Recruit

yup
    subfolder install works perfectly
    from what i had read, godaddy doesn't support wildcard subdomains on shared hosting, but that wasn't on their official support site, just some old forum posts from more than a year ago.
    What I had read indicated that you could create individual A names for each subdomain, which is less than ideal, but something I could live with.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.