Multisite - Wordpress not installing on Subdomains

I have a reseller 3 account with namecheap, I don't have a fixed IP address (that Im aware of), so maybe this could be the problem.

I've deleted my entire site and setup a fresh install..... with the minimum basics.
But I'm still having issues trying to get the Auto Install of a Wordpress site for each subdomain......

e.g test.cornwall.bz is registered and can been seen in the browser, but no WordPress installation is installed........ All that can be seen is:
Index of /
. cgi-bin/

I have the wildcard subdomain setup for a few domain names e.g *.cornish.uk , *.cornwall.bz etc. The wildcards are pointing to the root folder with my multisite wordpress site and the wp-config file.
/public_html/*wordpress installation*

wp-config.php and .htaccess have the required files added as instructed in >Network Setup

I've just read I need a dedicated IP if using A records to map my domains....
Just tried setting up *.cornish.uk with CNAME but didn't help........

Im stumped, anybody have any ideas? I've setup Support Access for 5 days. So if somebody at support could take a look, it would be great.

Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Gavin,

e.g test.cornwall.bz is registered and can been seen in the browser, but no WordPress installation is installed........ All that can be seen is:
    Index of /
    . cgi-bin/

That means the subdomain is not pointing to the root folder of the Multisite but to own directory. You need to make sure it points to public_html/

I've just read I need a dedicated IP if using A records to map my domains....
    Just tried setting up *.cornish.uk with CNAME but didn't help........

You need dedicated IP for Multidomain and for Domain Mapping if you want to use A record.
    You can't use CNAME for wildcards.

If you site does not have a dedicated IP, A records will not work for Multidomain or Domain Mapping. If you own domains, add them as add-ons domains and point to public_html/ - do the same with wildcard subdomains.
    If domain are not on the same account as your hosting (hosting is from different provider) then you will need to change first Nameservers of those domains for your hosting nameservers and then add them as add-ons domains.

Let me know how this goes

kind regards,
    Kasia