Resolved: lMultisite wordpress set up fails and crashes site at the final step.

I did not delete:

</IfModule>

# END WordPress

Issue no resolved.

I have followed all the steps listed in https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/creating-a-network-to-enable-wordpress-multisite/ and at the very end when the website was supposed to reset it instead gave this error.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@cosplayprintsof.me and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

I have gone over the steps from the beginning (unfortunately we goofed and did not back up the original wp-config file or .htaccess files but as this is the very start of the creation I assume I can use the default files still from the wordpress installation folder.) and we can not figure out why it failed at the final step of adding the full multisite code.

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, Jessie!

First off, since this is a clean install, we're going kill the previous attempt. We can try to walk it back to figure out where things went sideways, but I think we're going to save more time by just letting it go. Delete the WP files and folders from your public-html directory, and delete the database via PHP MyAdmin.

*Note* if this is not a clean install (meaning you have content on the site) don't do this, for obvious reasons.

Okay, now that you've got a clean slate, let's start again. Follow the guide you linked, or you can use this guide from wordpress.org, as a companion guide: http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

When you added the code to your .htaccess file, did you copy it exactly as it appeared on your dashboard, and did you use code generated by your site, and not the code in the guide?

Second, does your network have subfolders (yoursite.com/subsite) or sub-domains (subsite.yoursite.com)?

Had you already created your MU plugins folder, or did this happen before that step?

Thanks, Jessie!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.