multisite: wp-activate process not allowing new user to register

I create a new site and add a user. User is notified by email and receives activation link. Link takes user to abbreviated subdomain front page, but provides no instruction on activating administrator account.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Kirk,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I accessed your site and tested it. As a super admin I created a site for a new user. I got an email with a "password reset" link that got me to password reset form. I've set the password and logged in properly. That seems to be working fine, following default WP workflow.

That said, could you please elaborate a bit on what's happening exactly for you? Did you try to clear browser caches and also did you double-checked that while testing "confirmation link" you were not logged in to another account on your site?

Please advise!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Kirk Foster
    • Flash Drive

Sorry, I should have been clearer. After I create the site, I manually add the administrator from the site dashboard. That seems to be where the breakdown occurs. The email goes out properly but the link doesn't do anything. Here is the text of the email with the link:

You've been invited to join 'Redmond Pickleball Club' at
    http://redmond.pickleball.biz with the role of Administrator.
    If you do not want to join this site please ignore
    this email. This invitation will expire in a few days.

Please click the following link to activate your user account:
    http://redmond.pickleball.biz/wp-activate.php?key=af445ef3e5924fd4

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kirk,

I was doing some testing on your site and it looks like it happens when Frontier theme is activated, since the activation page is showing with default WP theme, you can see it from screenshot attached below.

Since your theme is free I managed get a hold of it and do some testing on my site where the page actually showed up with the theme, so it looks like this is specific to your installation.

I would suggest trying to reinstall the theme via FTP and if that doesn't help check for plugin conflicts by disabling your plugins and registering new account then.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.