Multisites To Users!!

I'm wondering if there is a way to make one Multisite Installation on my main Domain and then form this main network I can create new networks with the same functionality on a new domains and so on..

It can be time saving Instead of each time installing WPMU for a client and installing all plugins and themes and configuring I can clone the main network.
Is a plugin or options for that?

Thank You

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings firas80,

Though PC has made a great suggestion, I am using Networks for WordPress to date without any issues and it does seem to have domain mapping included at least to some degree since it is resolving secondary networks with their own TLD's.

In addition, one of the "Sub Networks" even has Buddy Press on it and running great.

Please advise on how it goes no matter which one you may choose to try.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• firas80
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi aecnu,
    Thank you... Since you are using Networks for WordPress, what I want to achieve is the following:
    I'm going to provide some schools in my area with private networks, but as you know installing WPMU each time and configuring it is a killing process! Can Networks for WordPress help me easily clone networks and from the plugin installation page:
    Extract the plugin archive
    Upload plugin files to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
    Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
    Comment out DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE in your wp-config.php file.

what does "Comment out DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE in your wp-config.php file." means? does it means removing DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE ifrom wp-config.php?

And In case Plugin haven't been updated for a while, and not function properly with new versions, that means kill of all networks? Am I Right?

Thank

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings firas80,

Can Networks for WordPress help me easily clone networks and from the plugin installation page:

It can allow you to easily create networks from the network admin dashboard --> Sites --> networks

On the newly created network it is as if a brand new network has been created but of course you can just go in and activate plugins you already installed on the main network to include themes.

And In case Plugin haven't been updated for a while, and not function properly with new versions, that means kill of all networks? Am I Right?

You are possibly correct on this since there is no way to predict this plugin or any plugin nor WordPress itself. But in that case of such a catastrophe would it not be prudent to roll back the entire installation to its last working state?

However I chose this very plugin because they started it with version 3.0 of WordPress and they have been keeping right on top of the updates.

what does "Comment out DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE in your wp-config.php file." means?

It means to comment it out, normally done with an /* at the beginning and an */ at the end like this:
    /* define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'aecnuwpmu.us' ); */

Please advise on how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.