Mutisite and mutiplugeins member, pro site, buddypress

In my website I would like to use members to force visitors to register for free on the main site. (after the more tag) with an membership set to level 1 for the free membership. Then with pro sites I would like to sell blogs starting with a free membership at membership level set at level 1. Will this create a conflict or will the two plugins work together? Then I would like to have one main registration page for member, pro site, and buddypress. I want to use the buddypress reg. page for everything. Also would like the login cookes for about 4 or 5 sites. How do I set this all up so the plugins well work together?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Chris

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question, I believe there might be a conflict caused by this to be honest.

You want your website to use BuddyPress registration for everything, they should sign up after the more tag for a membership level, on level 1, then after that they would then sign up with Pro Sites? All in one go or separate?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Chris

Register for the site using Buddypress registration form when they hit the more tag. Member will send them to content blocked page with a button to allow registration (I want to use just one registration form BuddyPress all 3 plugin.) then have the possibly to upgrade to one of the pro site pay options. Or upgrade like always. The member plugin is to force registration. They the can see everything. (it’s free) buddypress, other member site and the my main sites. Then if they want they can buy blog space. Starting with a free level. But if the level name is the same as the free membership in member will the cause a conflict. Do member and pro sites work on the same free membership level? How do I hook all three plugin to work with one registration page?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Chris,

I hope you are well today, sorry for the delay I was asleep due to the Time Difference.

Also I would like to sink the login cookies so they will be login for all my main sites.

This should work fine out of the box, a standard Mutlisite feature :slight_smile:

With the login and registration, The levels shouldn't clash. but it'll be all in the setting up of membership most likely if this will work or not, which it should. but.
    Membership relies on a custom registration page, say /register, buddypress overrides this and also will try and use ./register and then Pro Sites would normally be wp-signup.php (standard WordPress), which will get overridden by BuddyPress.

But it should all work with the BuddyPress registration page, thought I'm still a bit confused about the membership and why that's installed? That is basically just blocking the site creation? :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Chris

Thanks for the reply but if pro sites will force user reg. than i don't need membership. I don't want to block every thing because of seo. but i would like to force visitors to log in or reg. to see after the more tag. I thought there is a setting in membership to allow users to have a blog? if so wouldn't prosites take over at that point? I am building a truck driver information site. most of the money that i will make will come form company. If i don't have a good membership base i can sell to bigger company's. I am also hopping that maybe i can make some money with blog sells too. The buddypress reg page has all the profile information to support the site as well to build a profile for buddypress. If the member would like to buy a hat all the shipping & contact information is in the profile all ready and will make for a good customer experience.
    Am i going about this the right way?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Chris,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question, it sounds like just membership with no pro sites would be the way to go hear then.

As with membership you can restrict blog creation to a certain access level/subscription, so not just anyone can create a blog and that you might want to put on it's own subscription so they can have two one for blogs and one for content, though they could be on the same one.

You are indeed correct about the more tag :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.