My Account Button/Link redirecting to weird link

We have a network install of multisite with subdomains set up. We have a new subdomain setup as Luigispizza.ampiq.com and am trying to configure this site with prosites to test the payment options/upgrade path, however when you click on the "my account" page (either in the dashboard top header bar or the left nav section to start the process, it redirects to the following path, which does not exist:

http://ampiq.com/restaurantish/?bid=3

It seems like its trying to use subfolders rather than subdomains or something? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings acescramble,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention but Pro Sites must be network activated as clearly indicated on the Pro Sites plugin usage page.

You should look over that page to see about any other miss conceptions you may have regarding Pro Sites and managing a sub site network with Pro Sites.

The way you indicated you are trying to do this is sub sites of sub sites which will not work.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• acescramble

The Pro Sites Plugin HAS been network activated. We are not trying to do a sub-site of subsite, we have set up multi-site with a subdomain install and have created a new subdomain: luigispizza.ampiq.com to test a new user creating a new site and then the upgrade path.

The user and subdomain, Luigispizza has been succcesfully created and when logging into the luigispizza dashboard with the luigispizza username, when clicking on the "my account" button for prosites, which should link to the payment/upgrade prosite page, it redirects to an odd link:

http://ampiq.com/restaurantish/?bid=3

I'm not sure why or what link it should be linking to but I'm assuming it should be luigispizza.ampiq.com/something

Any idea why its doing this?

• aecnu

Greetings acescramble,

Thank you for your additional input but your statement Any help would be appreciated is absolutely contrary to the unhelpful rating you gave, it would have been more accurately described as any help is appreciated that I like or want

You also said and once again I will quote you We have a new subdomain setup as Luigispizza.ampiq.com and am trying to configure this site with prosites

Now think about it .... hmmm .... Houston I think we have a communications problem here.

Thank you for the clarification:

The Pro Sites Plugin HAS been network activated. We are not trying to do a sub-site of subsite, we have set up multi-site with a subdomain install and have created a new subdomain: luigispizza.ampiq.com to test a new user creating a new site and then the upgrade path.

And as I have proven above that is NOT what you indicated in the original post and is contrary as I have quoted you - so you were shall I accurately say unhelpful trying to describe what was going on with your own installation - now where is that button ...

Now with all the details out of the way and my blather the first thing you might consider is upgrading from a version of WordPress that is over a year old. The system might be mistaken but it identifies your installation as WordPress Multisite 3.4.2, the current WordPress version is 3.5.1

Then the next thing would be to check your permalinks and make sure they are not set to default and also click save changes to reset them even if the choice is currently what you want.

Then last but not least in this round of troubleshooting would be to check your htaccess file and that the rewrite rules look something like:

# BEGIN WordPress
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# uploaded files
    RewriteRule ^files/(.+) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$1 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]
    # END WordPress

Are you running any caching on this installation while trying to develop at the same time?

Are you using two completely different browsers for developing and testing? i.e. Firefox for developing and Chrome for testing and emptying the cache and cookies prior to the test?

In any event have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings acescramble,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.