My admin panel in wordpress is very slow, like 2-5 seconds every task..

My admin panel in wordpress is very slow, like 2-5 seconds every task..
I have my own server, and this aplies to brand new sites too. So it is no spesific pages with a lot of widgets, junk etc, like the solutions i have found on google..
You know anything i can check or do serverside for this matter?
I have some tech people managing my server, anything i should ask them to do?

Stein

• Kasia Swiderska

Hi Stein,

What kind of server do you have? Is it dedicated server or VPS? If this is happening on brand new, fresh install of WordPress this could mean that the resources on this server are very low (memory, CPU usage for example).
    Is this happening only on WordPress Dashboard? Are your sites on front end also slow?

I have some tech people managing my server, anything i should ask them to do?

Yes, you could ask them to look in logs and see what is happening there - they should be able to tell why are your sites running slow.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hi Stein,

This is a nice server you got. If like you said this is happening on the new, fresh install without any additional plugins ask for checking your server logs, also enable the debug mode on your WordPress.
      To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Kind regards,
      Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.