my appointments in service provider profile

Hi

I am using appointments + and the special jude rosario plugin he made on github
When users go to a service providers profile on buddypress they see that particular service providers appointments. There is a heading My Appointments and then a list of all of the appointments of the particular service provider

I want each service provider to see this in his/her particular profile but I do NOT want users to see it when they view the particular profile - it is way, way too confusing

Please help and I have granted access
I am using appointments + on 3 sites so please tell me how to fix this step by step so I can do it myself on the other 2 sites

thank you

• Michelle Shull

Hi michael!

I'm a little confused, can you help me out here?

The original issue was that you thought users could see a provider's appointment list from the provider's BuddyPress profile. That's not the case, only the providers can see their appointments, users can see the make an appointment calendar.

Now you'd also like an Appointments page, correct? Do you want a page for every provider? Can you explain with a few more details what you want to do here?

Thanks!

• michael

your reply was horrible - totally wrong as I went through this issue with like 5 of your support staff mates and it was finally resolved
    Plus my wanting a page of members has nothing to do with appointments plus and you were also wrong on the initial question - IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH APPOINTMENTS PLUS and your responsive was superfluous

You can make it up to me by helping me make the BUDDYPRESS send private email look good in my theme - it is all messed up. I have granted access and you can see for yourself how the send private email looks when you send and especially receive a private message

If you know how - you can also help me get appointments + to work on mobile - for now when you click on calendar and other buttons they do not open

• Michelle Shull

Hello, Michael.

I was going off the topic of this support thread, which is Appointments+, and your last answer in this thread. If there is another thread where I can get more information on how to properly help you, that would be great.

yes, it is on purpose because it is search based. Users search for a mentor based on criteria - when they get the search results - they click on profile and if they like the mentor they can book an appointment
    I thought it would be too confusing to do it from a page - but I would like the option - how do I set that up without ruining what I already have?

I assumed this question was about Appointments+ because you want users to book an appointment. What are you wanting to do from a page in the reply I quoted?

If you have an issue with BuddyPress, please open a new thread. If you have multiple questions about multiple products, please keep them in separate threads so we can avoid being horrible and superfluous in the future.

The appointment calendar is working for me in mobile with a default WP theme, can you link me to a page where I can test an appointments calendar on your site?

We'd love to help, but you can help us help you by making sure we've got all the information we need, so there's less ambiguity in the future. Thanks!

• michael

i have granted access - please go through my site and you will see that there was a problem before with appointments plus calendar not changing to the next month. One amazing support staff I believe his name started with a P - checked it very carefully and it was a problem with my theme. He gave me some php code and it was added to my theme and it works just fine
    I believe the same needs to be done for the mobile issues as well
    Would you like me to open new tickets for all of these issues I still have to deal with:
    1. buddypress send private message css is needed as it looks horrible on desktop and mobile
    2. appointments + does not work very well or not at all on mobile
    3. basic buddypress css codes for making profile look nicer
    4. making a list of certain buddypress members

Thanks
    I know I gave you a bad rating but I am really sick and tired of all the back and forth with your support and how your left hand and right hand do not meet and how I deal with all kinds of different people and have to always explain it again and again
    With your support - it is hit or miss - If I am lucky I get Ash or Tyler and then I know my issue is in good hands and will be solved - otherwise it is a roll of the dice and days and days go by before my issue gets solved after all kinds of tedious back and forth

• Michelle Shull

Hi michael,

I see you have several threads going, which is where the confusion came in for me. I just got to this thread, and all I had to work with was the information in front of me here. Your anger took me by surprise, I just got to the party, and I even brought a bag of ice. :slight_smile:

We're a big team. We help a lot of people. I've answered ninety threads in the past 24 hours, and while I know quite a bit about a lot of member's sites, it's not possible to always walk into a thread knowing all the background information I need. I know it's tedious to explain your issues, but the more facts we have, the better prepared we are to track things down.

You're building a complex system here, and a lot of what you're doing is off-label for your plugins. That's fantastic, we love it when folks push the boundaries of what we designed our tools to do, but that means figuring out how to make it work is going to take some trial and error, a little patience and tenacity can go a long way here to help get these projects ready to go. Yelling and snarking (sorry, really, I got a little testy in my reply above.) isn't going to get it done any faster, we've all got to be a team here.

As to your CSS issues.

I can help here, I can clean things up a bit for you, but to prevent more back and forth, I need to catch up on what's already been done, and what you want the final result to look like. I'm assuming that's in one of your other threads, and I know you don't want to explain any more. I'm currently in charge of watching the front line, but at the end of my shift I will get all of your CSS done for you. We're not supposed to leave threads like this, but I'll keep this thread open and try to resolve each of the design issues you speak of here before I sign out for the night.

Thanks, michael, hopefully we can move forward as a team here.

• michael

love - I mean LOVE your attitude - let's start again - new page - Hi, my name is Michael and I am a newbie bootstrapping my company. I choose WPMU for its customer service and I admit that I push this to the limit because without my site - my family does not eat. I truly appreciate all the help I get from you and I do want to work with you as a team.

Now, how exactly can I help you help me with all of my CSS and then later other issues. What exactly do you need from me to make your work easier?
    Michael

• Michelle Shull

Excellent! I'm reading through your other threads between front line questions, and I'm getting caught up.

The only thing I can think of right now I might need is to know if you've sent in FTP details, and if so, to whom did you send them? (I can track down the email) If not, I'll have you send them to me directly, like so:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Michelle Shull"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me. :slight_smile:

I'll follow your child theme/custom CSS conventions, and I'll post any CSS I whip up here in the thread, as well, so it's easy to find if you need it again.

Thanks!

• Michelle Shull

Okay! We're good here, I hit three of your four issues here. I need a wee bit more info on the last one.

1. buddypress send private message css is needed as it looks horrible on desktop and mobile

I moved the content over to the right a bit, it was hugging the left side. I cleaned up some spacing issues, and gave the whole thing a max-width of 780px, so it doesn't stretch across the whole screen.

For funsies, I gave you a cool button that matches your logo's orange.

This got it looking pretty good in mobile, too.

Here's that code:

/*bump content to right*/
    #buddypress #item-body {
    margin-left: 2%;
    }

/align to field with rest of fields*/
    #send_message_form ul.first.acfb-holder{
    padding: 0 0 23px 5px;
    }

/*contain profile elements in reasonable space*/
    #buddypress {
    max-width: 800px;
    }

/*fancy orange send button*/
    #buddypress #send_message_form .submit input#send{
      color: #ffffff;
      font-size: 14px;
      background: #f6921f;
      padding: 10px 20px 10px 20px;
      text-transform: uppercase;
        text-decoration: none;
    }

#buddypress #send_message_form .submit input#send:hover {
        background: #eb8612;
      text-transform: uppercase
    }

/*fancy orange vote button*/
    #buddypress #item-meta div.generic-button a {
    }

#buddypress #item-meta div.generic-button a:hover {
    }

2. appointments + does not work very well or not at all on mobile

Fixed for me on iPhone5. I did a tiny adjustment with some CSS you'll see in the next block, and resaved your settings, and it's working for me. Can you confirm on your end, too?

3. basic buddypress css codes for making profile look nicer

Here I gave you a cool orange highlight for the selected tabs that matches the button, and did a few tweaks on pieces I found that were displaying weird.

/*Fancy orange background on selected profile tab*/
    #buddypress div.item-list-tabs ul li.current a, #buddypress div.item-list-tabs ul li.selected a {
      background-color: #f6921f;
      opacity: .9;
      font-weight: 700;
    }

/*fix weird spacing in inbox*/
    #buddypress .messages #messages-bulk-management td{
    width: auto;
    }

/*mobile stuff*/
    @media screen and (max-width: 480px) {
    #buddypress .messages .thread-from .activity {
    display: none;
    }
    #buddypress table tr td.thread-info p.thread-excerpt {
    }
    .appointments-confirmation-wrapper fieldset {
      padding: 10px;
    }
    }

The mobile stuff here adjusts a few wonky parts of the Appointments tools, too.

4. making a list of certain buddypress members

For this one, Sajid is waiting for a reply from you here, https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-make-a-list-of-members-in-buddypress He can help get your user roles set up properly here. You have some new user roles added, but I don't think they've been added in the correct way, which is what Sajid is sharing with you in that thread.

Hope this helps out a bit, let me know if you need anything adjusted. :slight_smile:

If I've been helpful today, maybe take back the downvote?

• Michelle Shull

Heya michael!

I've not been to my email yet, getting some other stuff sorted this morning, but I will check in ASAP.

You can change your vote by clicking on the up arrow when the little vote box pops up, I think. I just checked with the boss, we can't actually see the vote boxes, we can only a little indicator. Does that make sense from your end?

Thanks, buddy! I really like what you're doing with your site. I can tell you have a huge heart. :slight_smile:

• Michelle Shull

Heya michael!

I just sent two emails with the first batch of fixes/changes you need. I sent you and updated PHP file for Jude's plugin that will customize the text on the profile page for you, I got your service durations showing properly on your calendar, and a few other tweaks. I need you to drop in the php file I sent (there are instructions included, but it's super easy, just overwrite the one on your server now with mine.) on ALL THREE sites, check your appointment calendar times on Primary site, and see if you can find me a profile (or make one) with an expired/passed appointment so I can show you how to hide them.

We'll go from there! We're kicking code and taking numbers over here. :wink:

• Michelle Shull

Okay! All three sites have been updated with the following:

1. Appointments+ text changed in calendar via shortcode for the Make An Appointment page, and in Jude's Most Awesomest Appts+ Plugin for the BuddyPress Profile.
    2. Member search result pages have the member links opening in a new tab, with focus shifting to that new tab. This is via this function added to your child theme's functions.php:

function app_redirect( $script ){
    return str_replace("window.location.href=app_location()", "window.location.href='CORRECT URL HERE PER SITE'", $script);
        }
        add_filter( 'app_footer_scripts', 'app_redirect' );

3. Text is changed in appointment confirmation pop-up js alert via Ultimate Branding.
    4. OK button on that alert now redirects to home page instead of refreshing the page. This was done with the following script in your footer:

<script>
    	$(document).ready(function() {
    		$( 'a[href^="http://caregivermentors.com/members/"]' ).attr( 'target','_blank' );
    	});
    </script>

5. Text input is limited to 200/500 characters for Summary and About Me in profile, via these two scripts:

<script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    $('#field_742').attr('maxlength', '500');
    });
    </script>
    <script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    $('#field_750').attr('maxlength', '200');
    });
    </script>

6. This is the Appts+ specific CSS placed in Appointments > Settings > Display Settings

.entry-content td{border:none;width:50%}
    .profile .appointments-my-appointments{
    display: none !important;
    }

.appointments-field.appointments-myskypenamegoogleprofileortelnumberisexskype-skypename-field span {
      width: 100%;
      padding-top: 10px;
    }

input#appointments-myskypenamegoogleprofileortelnumberisexskype-skypename70fa5cfd2b9a387d2a7d895ff18c83a8 {
      float: right;
      margin-right: 58px;
    }
    .app_workers .app_workers_button{
    }

7. This CSS was added to each site to jazz things up and fix some mobile wonkiness.

/*bump content to right*/
    #buddypress #item-body {
    margin-left: 2%;
    }

/align to field with rest of fields*/
    #send_message_form ul.first.acfb-holder{
    padding: 0 0 23px 5px;
    }

/*contain profile elements in reasonable space*/
    #buddypress {
    max-width: 800px;
    }

}

}

}

}

#buddypress div.item-list-tabs ul li.current a, #buddypress div.item-list-tabs ul li.selected a {
    }

/*fix weird spacing in inbox*/
    #buddypress .messages #messages-bulk-management td{
    width: auto;
    }

/*mobile stuff*/
    @media screen and (max-width: 480px) {
    #buddypress .messages .thread-from .activity {
    }
    #buddypress table tr td.thread-info p.thread-excerpt {
    }
    .appointments-confirmation-wrapper fieldset {
      padding: 10px;
    }
    }

.profile .app_services_dropdown {
    }

This CSS was added to your Activity Experts site to make the Private Message button work with the social icons.

#buddypress div#item-header div#item-meta{
      overflow: visible;
    }

8. Activity Experts and Caregiver Mentors both have buttons/tabs in the BP profile that match the logos. Care Experts does not, it's still got the Divi logo. Change this hex color code for the button background when it's static: #f6921f;, and this one for hover: #eb8612;

9. I did set up some Appts details in both Activity and Care Experts so I could test, you'll need to fix the Working Hours to match your schedule on each site. I also turned on Private Messaging in BP to test on Activity Experts. When you add Profile Reviews to the other two sites, the applicable buttons will already be styled.

I think we're good?

Hope you're well! (This will also come to you in Email.)

• michael

Hi

Thank you so much for all your work - I also email this to you via contact

Here are some open issues - can you please fix them

1. Can you please put a link to the mentor's profile on the select a mentor page - user selects the mentor and gets to his/her calendar - I need them to be able to visit the mentor's profile at the same time

2. In the profile page extended profiles Can you please make a new tab in the extended profile with an Anchor link to the Make An Appointment text

3. Michelle wrote:I need you to drop in the php file I sent (there are instructions included, but it's super easy, just overwrite the one on your server now with mine.) on ALL THREE sites, check your appointment calendar times on Primary site, and see if you can find me a profile (or make one) with an expired/passed appointment so I can show you how to hide them.
    --- 1. did you do the ftp stuff?
    --- 2. by the time you read this there should be an expired meeting
    4. Michelle wrote: 8. Activity Experts and Caregiver Mentors both have buttons/tabs in the BP profile that match the logos. Care Experts does not, it's still got the Divi logo. Change this hex color code for the button background when it's static: #f6921f;, and this one for hover: #eb8612;

MIchael replied - Michelle - please explain - where do I change this and how.
    5. I am going through all the incredible work you did and will report back to you

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Michael!

1. I did already FTP in the updated version of Jude's plugin to all three sites.
    2. The hex color codes are in the Custom CSS file you'll find under Appearances in your WP admin. The CSS is commented, look for the two bits on buttons and the one on the profile tab.

}

}

}

}

}

See the lines that say "background"? Thats where you change the background color. This is a hex color code tool you can use, or any image editor should have one. (Even MS Paint has one.) You'll only need to do this for the .co site, the others are already matching the logos.

3. To create a special list, I need to know how you delineate mentors from not-mentors. Is this a user role? How are mentors created on your site?

4. Ashok is covering the anchor link/buddypress profile tab addition for you.

Thanks!

• michael

thanks again and again!!
    The logo is up on careexperts.co if you feel like doing the above for me - if yes (pretty please) then let me know

3. Users register for the site and when they go to their profile they see extended profile for mentors only. So anyone who fills out extended profile is a mentor
    Also, I am using WPMU Appointments + plugin :slight_smile: and I am manually making each mentor a service provider - it is very easy in the plugin - this is also my way of preventing just anyone from being a mentor
    4.. Can you please ask Ashtok when he thinks the anchor link and profile tab will be ready?

Thanks so much

• Ash

Hello @michael

I hope you are well today.

Here is the shortcode of a list of all providers that you can use:

add_shortcode( 'app_service_providers_list', 'app_service_providers_list_cb' );
    function app_service_providers_list_cb() {
    	global $wpdb, $appointments;
    	$workers = $appointments->get_workers( 'ID' );

$html = '<div class="app_service_providers_list">';
    		$html .= '<ul>';
    		foreach ( $workers as $worker ) {
    			$html .= '<li>';
    				$user_info = get_userdata( $worker->ID );
    				$html .= '<a href="http://caregivermentors.com/members/'. $user_info->user_login .'/">';
    					$html .= $appointments->get_worker_name( $worker->ID );
    				$html .= '</a>';
    			$html .= '</li>';
    		}
    		$html .= '</ul>';
    	$html .= '</div>';

return $html;
    }

You can use this shortcode:

[app_service_providers_list]

As @Michelle Shull is already familiar with your sites, she will help you about the shortcode :slight_smile:

About the anchor link, please check now: http://caregivermentors.com/members/brain-investor/

Added code in your theme's footer.php:

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(function($) {
    	$('#change-avatar-personal-li').after('<li><a id="go-to-app" href="#app_schedule">Make an Appointment with Me</a></li>');
    });
    </script>

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• michael

Hi Ash
    1. Something very weird happening - when I click on your link and go to brain investor profile I see the anchor text
    I logged in as someone else and did a find a mentor search - just need to check first box - early onset and then search and you will get result of brain investor. If you click on the profile - YOU WILL NOT SEE YOUR LINK
    2. also the nice bright orange private message box does not show up there either
    3. once we get this sorted out can you please make the link look like Profile and private message with the nice bright orange box - or make it stand out some other way?
    4. What do you mean when you wrote: "As @Michelle Shull is already familiar with your sites, she will help you about the shortcode :slight_smile:

Thanks

• Michelle Shull

Hey michael!

I've got Ash's function to create the shortcode in your functions.php on caregivermentors, and I used the shortcode itself to make this page for you: http://caregivermentors.com/mentors-list/

You can edit that from the Pages list on the site. If you like it, I'll add it in to the other sites as well. :slight_smile:

I also added a button/profile color to .co, I used the pretty blue from the logo and darkened it a few shades for the hover.

I'll let Ash know there are still some funky bits with his link. :slight_smile:

• michael

thanks so much - I will go through your changes over the weekend and let you know - really appreciate this Michelle!!
    I went to your link http://caregivermentors.com/mentors-list/
    when I click on michaelneuvirth it works fine, but when I click on brain investor - the page says:
    No Results Found
    The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
    the url for michaelneuvirth is http://caregivermentors.com/members/michaelneuvirth/
    but the url for brain investor is - http://caregivermentors.com/members/brain%20investor/
    maybe that the problem and maybe it is the "funky" stuff for Ash and why it does not work for what he did
    my plan is to spend the weekend going through the three sites and I will go through your amazing work and let you know - hopefully only KUDOWS
    thanks

• Michelle Shull

Hey Michael!

Try resaving your permalinks to see if Brain's link starts working as it should. Go to Settings > Permalinks, and hit save. If that doesn't do anything, switch to a different permalink style, save, then return to your current style and save again. I think WP just needs a wee refresh on the links there, and it should be okay.

Let me know how your tests go, glad we're getting you moving along! Have the most awesomest of weekends, my friend. :slight_smile:

• michael

ok Ash - good news, bad news and bad news
    lets start with the good news - I know see you link when I log in as regular user
    now bad news #1 - the link shows up on every users profile - I need it to only be on the buddypress extended profile which only mentors fill out
    We are really going to need a creative solution for this one
    second bad news - I still do not see the really nice private message orange box
    Please try and think of a solution for both of these bad news and I will too
    Please get Michelle in the loop - I am sure that between the 2 of you we can work this out
    thanks so much

• Ash

Hello @michael

Bad news #1 is fixed.

just to clarify - users will see the "make an appointment with me link when they go to create their own profiles and like I told Michelle - my users are older and not very computer savvy and this will confuse them

Fixed.

About the private message button, by default if private messaging feature is on in buddypress, there should be two buttons - public message and private message. Did you modify code to change those and to add "add review" button?

Cheers
    Ash

• michael

Michelle - I am not seeing the private message box on any of the sites UNLESS I am logged in as Admin. If I am logged in as regular user - then I do not see it on any of the 3 sites - something very weird
    However, if I disable the buddypress add on in protect content then I do see the private message - so the issue is what are the ramifications of disabling the buddypress addon in protect content
    thanks
    P.S. I will be responding to each thread but will also be making a FINAL checklist of all open issues and send you via email
    thanks so much for all your help

• michael

Hi Ash and Michelle - Ash you fixed bad news above - specifically where your link make an appointment with me was showing up in the non service provider profiles - you miraculously fixed it where it is only in service providers.

This is more bad news - I have an add review buddy press plugin and it also puts the nice big orange "ADD A REVIEW" button on everyone's profile. Can you please work your magic and get this Add a review button to only show up on the Service provider profiles?
    Thanks so much

• michael

Ok Will play with the settings

here is NOT FInal checklist - it is ongoing but the last post for me of my saturday - will post more tomorrow - thanks so much

1, Hi Ash and Michelle - Ash you fixed bad news above - specifically where your link "make an appointment with me" was showing up in the non service provider profiles - you miraculously fixed it where it is only in service providers.
    This is more bad news - I have an add review buddy press plugin and it also puts the nice big orange "ADD A REVIEW" button on everyone's profile. Can you please work your magic and get this Add a review button to only show up on the Service provider profiles?

2. Can we please change the color of the box for make an appointment with me from orange to another color - powder blue to match logo is fine. We need to do this as the orange color or view and make my appointment boxes are merged together and it looks like one big confusing VIew Make An Appointment With ME

Thanks so much to both of you

• michael

Ash - please create an account - then go to menu, click on profile - you will see your profile with the big orange button ADD REVIEW - then you click on it and it says - you cannot review yourself
    This is what we have to fix - when users go to their profile it should not be there unless they are a service provider
    I cleared cache etc and it is still there - I logged in as user nescafe and clicked on profile and the big orange add review button was there

• michael

Ash - I see the problem - when other people view a non service provider profile they DO NOT see the button. But when users view their own profile - they see the button and that is the problem
    I created a new user Ash Rocks and tested it and when logged in as ash rocks - I clicked on profile and saw the add review button
    Thanks so much for all your help
    Please let me know what you come up with
    Michael

• Michelle Shull

Hey michael!

I got all but #1, plus a bonus fix, done for you.

1. Removed "last active" bit from profiles.
    2. Adjusted the alignment of the Review/PM buttons so they work with social icons. (They were bunched up and unpretty, all good now.)
    3. Added a bit of padding above the review stars so they didn't hunch up into the buttons.
    4. Changed the "make an appointment with me" background color the blue from the logo.

We need @Ashok to get the "no reviews" link off. It's got the same div name as the bit that shows the actual reviews, so there's no hiding it with CSS, but I think he can make a tiny change is one of his scripts and make that disappear.

Woot woot!

• michael

WOOT WOOT is right - it looks really good
    1. where are you putting all the css - in the child theme or divi epanel?
    2. Private message or any kind of messaging has disappeared from the profile
    3. On the profile I see the stars of the review but i cannot click to see comments - this could be plugin issue but maybe it is just too crowded over there - padding etc
    4. Can you PRETTY PLEASE work your magic and find a way to get the text part of "links to my social networks" to NOT appear on the profile - I love the icons on top but the text is irrelevant and should not be there - thanks
    5. We need to figure out a smart way to make these changes on the other 2 sites as well
    WE ARE GETTING THERE - Michelle you are truly amazing!!!!!!

• Michelle Shull

Howdy!

1. I put it in a Custom CSS tool I added to your site. The Divi panel is v. v. small, and I wanted a single spot where I could see everything I added. You'll see it if you go to Appearance > Custom CSS. We can always move this styling elsewhere, but this was the most efficient while we were working.
    2. Well, drats. I don't think that's anything I did, let me check with Ash. I can see the tabs on my own profile, but I'm not a mentor, I think this may be related to something he's working on.
    3. I think the only way to see the reviews is to click the tab, I don't see a link attached to the stars themselves.
    4. On this one, I'm confused a bit. Let me grab a screenshot of your profile - I'm not seeing the "links to my social networks" text.
    5. That's no big deal, once we get caregivermentors hooked up 100%, it will only take me a few minutes to copy everything new over to the other two sites and change some URLs to reflect the other sites.

Thanks!

• Ash

Hello @michael

for #4 there is a whole list of links to my social networks with the physical links themselves

Please post a full page screenshot and mark the area.

For the css - I am petrified of losing all these changes if I update the theme or a plugin etc - does your solution safeguard me??

Yes, it's safe. Michelle added the css in a safe place, and it is saved in the database. You won't lose this css when you will update the plugin.

Cheers
    Ash

• michael

michelle fixed it - thanks ASH
    to stay organized we still have open:

1. Private message not showing up NOW that buddypress add on MUST BE ON at all times in protect content
    2. We need @Ashok to get the "no reviews" link off. It's got the same div name as the bit that shows the actual reviews, so there's no hiding it with CSS, but I think he can make a tiny change is one of his scripts and make that disappear.

• Ash

Hello @michael

When you ask something, please add as more details as you can. This will help us to provide better support in shorter time. Please do not take it offensive.

1. When you say, private message not showing up, it's made me confused. I have logged in as Michelle and went to "mic"s profile and I can see the private message link. Would you please let me know how can I "not see" the private message link?

2. Same here too, please let me know step by step process how I can see that too. This will help me to understand and provide better help :slight_smile:

Thank you for understanding :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• michael

Sorry Ash - you are correct in that I need to give you as much info as possible - I apologize for any confusion - you have no idea how much I appreciate and am grateful for your help
    Michelle is an admin - if an admin logs in he/she sees everything just fine
    the best way for you to see the issue is for you to log in
    user name: mac password 123456
    then in menu search for a mentor click on find a mentor
    click on the first box in the search - early onset
    then search
    the result will be brain investor
    click on his name
    you will get to his profile and see that private message or any kind of messaging does not show up
    I checked to make sure I activated this in buddypress and I did
    thanks

• Ash

Hello @michael

As @Michelle Shull is already familiar with your system, she is going to take a look at the private message button issue.

Would you please let me know about this?

2. Same here too, please let me know step by step process how I can see that too. This will help me to understand and provide better help :slight_smile:

2. We need @Ashok to get the "no reviews" link off. It's got the same div name as the bit that shows the actual reviews, so there's no hiding it with CSS, but I think he can make a tiny change is one of his scripts and make that disappear.

Cheers
    Ash

• Michelle Shull

Hey michael!

I got the PM issue fixed, I just turned off BuddyPress integration in Protected Content. Your settings don't require it, since each membership level can use/see all of the features, having the integration turned on was unneeded. Click through and make sure everything's set, but user mac (and other subscribers) can now see the PM button on profiles. :slight_smile:

I think this is good? Ash is still poking "no reviews" on the non-mentor profiles.

• michael

here is the issue: We need @Ashok to get the "no reviews" link off. It's got the same div name as the bit that shows the actual reviews, so there's no hiding it with CSS, but I think he can make a tiny change is one of his scripts and make that disappear.

Ash - please log in again with same user name and password. Now - please click on profile in menu - you will get to mac's profile and at the very top you will see the words no reviews
    could you please remove that from the non-mentor profiles
    thanks

• Ash

Hi there :slight_smile:

Ash - please log in again with same user name and password. Now - please click on profile in menu - you will get to mac's profile and at the very top you will see the words no reviews
    could you please remove that from the non-mentor profiles

That helps a lot. Please check now :slight_smile:

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• michael

Ash - please forgive me. I was trying to do something on caregivermentors.com in appointments for confirmation email and I removed a field you added because i thought I could add it back but I cannot
    I copied the contents and here they are:
    My Skype name, Google Profile or Tel number is (ex: Skype - skypename): (text)
    Required: No
    E-mail macro:FIELD_MYSKYPENAMEGOOGLEPROFILEORTELNUMBERISEXSKYPE-SKYPENAME This is the placeholder you can use in your emails.

If you remember the issue - we want the user to had his/her telephone, skype name etc to the make an appointment and then have it show up in the confirmation. The issue I tried to fix is that the skype name etc needs to go to the SERVICE PROVIDER CONFIRMATION and not to the user - as the user already knows his/her own skype name etc
    Can you please make this happen and then we can close Appointment threads and move on
    thank you very much

• michael

Ash - further to the above post - I want each service provider to get a confirmation email everytime someone makes an appointment with them
    I would like the text to be
    Dear Mentor,
    This will confirm your mentoring session with (the user name)
    then the date and time like in the default
    We need to make sure that the user's skype name, telephone etc is in the confirmation letter otherwise the mentor has no idea what it is
    thanks

• Ash

Hello @michael

I hope you are well today.

It would be very helpful for us if you follow our forum guideline, that will help us to provide better support.

1. Please create separate thread for separate issue (this thread is quite long, and we are messed up with multiple issues in this thread)
    2. Do not post multiple reply (bump) as it will push your thread back to our queue and it will be delayed. Luckily I got email from this thread, but in 99% cases we don't.

About your appointment issues, please create two separate threada.
    1. One is for the confirmation email, in there add the thread link I helped with, and much details as you can
    2. Another one is for the cancel appointment issue.

You will get faster support and things will be organized :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.