My categories of wikis are not shown in the categories-setup

I have a membership called "Basic" and I set restrictions to a page called "wiki" and to the slug called "amsyri.net/wiki/", so "Basic" is allowed to view all wikis.

1) The posts/wikis can be viewed by "Basic", that´s OK
2) The wikis have categories and tags, if a non-admin choose to order it by one of the two, the slug .../wiki/categories/<name_of_categorie> shows an empty page

I think it´s important to say, that for admin it works fine.
I have this problem on multisite even on main-site as on sub-site

(My wiki-plugin is encyclopedia_pro)

Now I tried to setup categories as well, but they are not shown in the categories-setup

I would need help for this, Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Richard,

I hope you're well and thank you for your question.

I must admit I'm not familiar with this wiki plugin you're using, however our Membership 2 Pro is flexible and should be able to cover it fine.

That said, I'd like to take a closer look at your setup. To do this, I'd need to access your network. Could you please grant me a support access via our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin?

To do so, please follow this guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Richard,

I hope you're well today!

I've visited your dashboard and took a look around. I do feel however that I'll need another look, much closer this time. That said, could you please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- your site's WordPress admin login URL
    - admin login and password (may be a temporary account)
    - FTP credentials (hostname, username, password, port number if needed)
    - any other relevant URLs and information
    - link back to this thread

Please use our contact form here
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/.
    Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down list.

Please be sure to make a full backup of your entire site first!

Thanks!
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Richard,

I hope you're well and I apologize for the delay here!

This turned out to be quite unexpected, fortunately it all should be fine now I think :slight_smile:

Take a look at your main site please. Your "WIKI" page including wiki posts and wiki categories now should ask all the non-basic members (visitors and members of other memberships) to log-in. Basic members should see main wiki page, all wiki posts and all wiki listings in categories. I created myself an account and tested this and it seems to be working fine.

I'm not quite sure how the encyclopedia plugin the categories here but it turned out that this was a main culprit here. For some reason (and to identify it it would be necessary to examine in details wiki plugin code) Membership 2 "Category Protection" add-on and encyclopedia categories are interfering.

That said, the solution was:

- disable all protection rules for WIKI
    - disable "Category Protection" Membership 2 add-on
    - add a WIKI url as URL protection rule (amsyri.net/wiki/) - this covers main wiki page and all it's sub-pages including categories.

There's a drawback however: this also turned off protection of your blog categories. I hope this isn't a very big "cost" here as there's only one category on your main site. I've added this also to the URL protection rule.

Take a look please at the settings and you should be able to replicate this setup on your sub-sites.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Richard Plaza
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Adam,

First to say, that I´m glad that my site works now as it should, the case with the categories isn´t important for me (now), Thanks a lot (I tried several settings, but this one wasn´t on my list).

I setup subsites as well and they now work also, even there categories aren´t important cause it´s not a blog, it´s more a wiki with forum.

Should I delete your account ?

Greetings
    Richard

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.