I have multi-site turned on. I can add a category with no problem on any site. It will show in the list when it is added but once I leave the page and return it is gone. The number of items listed at the top of the box is always correct but the items don't who up in the list.
I have checked each sites values in wp_terms, term_taxonomy and term_relationships. I can run sql selects and get all the categories with no problem at all.
It allowed me to enter them at first and assign them properly. I have turned off every plugin I installed in the last two days. I switched the them to Twenty Twelve.
My tmp folder is almost completely empty since this is a fairly new site. I
It seems that the global variable $wp_taxonomies isn't being properly populated or registered. I just can't figure out why or how to fix it.
Please provide any guidance you can muster. I need to demo this thing Monday and don't have it running enough to build the demo because due to this one problem.