My categories won't show on my admin dashboard but they are clearly in wp_terms files. Help?

I have multi-site turned on. I can add a category with no problem on any site. It will show in the list when it is added but once I leave the page and return it is gone. The number of items listed at the top of the box is always correct but the items don't who up in the list.

I have checked each sites values in wp_terms, term_taxonomy and term_relationships. I can run sql selects and get all the categories with no problem at all.

It allowed me to enter them at first and assign them properly. I have turned off every plugin I installed in the last two days. I switched the them to Twenty Twelve.

My tmp folder is almost completely empty since this is a fairly new site. I

It seems that the global variable $wp_taxonomies isn't being properly populated or registered. I just can't figure out why or how to fix it.

Please provide any guidance you can muster. I need to demo this thing Monday and don't have it running enough to build the demo because due to this one problem.

• Donna

I know! Weird right! Thanks for jumping in here.

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Appointments in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/appointments.php on line 43

Strict Standards: Non-static method Wdeb_Installer::check() should not be called statically in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/easyblogging.php on line 63

Strict Standards: Non-static method Wdeb_Options::populate() should not be called statically in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/easyblogging.php on line 67

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Wdeb_AdminPages in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/lib/class_wdeb_admin_pages.php on line 14

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Wdeb_Tooltips in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/lib/class_wdeb_tooltips.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Wdeb_Wizard in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/lib/class_wdeb_wizard.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Non-static method Wdeb_AdminPages::serve() should not be called statically in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/easyblogging.php on line 79

Strict Standards: Non-static method Wdeb_Tooltips::serve() should not be called statically in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/easyblogging.php on line 80

Strict Standards: Non-static method Wdeb_Wizard::serve() should not be called statically in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/easyblogging.php on line 81

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Login_Redirect in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/login-redirect/login-redirect.php on line 45

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/login-redirect/login-redirect.php on line 146

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/protect-selected-content/protect-selected-content.php on line 210

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Activity_Reports in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/reports/reports.php on line 61

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/reports/reports.php on line 495

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/scheduled-content/scheduled-content.php on line 449

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class AppointmentsGcal in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/class.gcal.php on line 26

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/appointments.php:43) in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitewide-privacy-options/sitewide-privacy-options.php on line 561

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/check-form-changer/includes/admin-styles.php on line 14

I will reply to Ashok with a screen shot for more details on the exact situation.

• Donna

For future reference I have found more information on this issue. I don't know exactly why this is the case - probably some set up I have done to myself but.....

I have the Membership Plug-in activated also. The option to View Site as seems to be not resetting properly under some condition that I can't figure out. I just know this - if I have it set to a lower membership level that has no access to things like categories they don't see them - as planned. When you select reset it goes back to Membership Admin. Easy enough concept and works great.

Occasionally, it shows Membership Admin after a reset but it isn't fully reset. I can do lots of things that I should not be able to do at the lower level but not everything I should be able to do at the Admin level. It isn't all the time but it has done it one more time since this post started.

I can't find what I have set up or what I am doing that messes with the reset but obviously something. It is so random it has to be something in my config specifically and I don't have the time to research further. Maybe later.

Just in case someone stumbles here. If you have membership installed and it says you are using the Admin to view the page but things aren't correct, try switching and resetting again. It works for me right now.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.