my check out button in pro sites doesnt take me to paypal

when i test my prosites page and click on the paypal check out button the page just refreshes its self.

any ideas as to why it doesnt take me to paypal to check out?

• xonuox
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi airot87,
    I'm sorry you're having trouble with this. I too had the same experience before I had things setup properly over at PayPal. Now things are working as expected.

What I found was that you need to have two API's if you are wanting to test the Sandbox and the LIVE SITE connections.

You must use your PayPal Sandbox API when testing in the Sandbox mode.
    You must use your Actual PayPal API when testing in LIVE SITE mode.

Note: things will simply flicker if you don't have anything entered in for an API or if you have your API's swapped.

Things will flicker if you have your sandbox API entered but set to Live Site, or if you have your real paypal API entered, but set to sandbox.

Hope this helps.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @airot87

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

@xonuox has provided you some fantastic advice there, this is normally down to the PayPal details in network admin > pro sites > settings not being filled in or as @xonuox using Live mode with sandbox mode or vice versa could you check those settings please?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• airot87
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

yes thanks it worked.

one other question. under subscription information at the top of the page the expiration date is always todays date.

any reason why? i dont have my Membership plugin activated...could that be why?
    did i forget to set something?

• xonuox
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Did you assign any days for a FREE TRIAL (e.g. 7 days)?

Go to ProSites - Settings - Free Trial

If this is set to 1, then all of your test sites might show todays date as the expiration date. I have mine set to 7 days and it has been working as expected.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.