'My classifieds' link on buddypress account page goes to members page

The link on the account page automatically generated by buddypress that should link to the my classified page links to the members page. How do I fix this?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @jaynevada,

I just tested this and confirm I've having the same problem. I'll get in touch with the developer it.

Just to clarify, it's the "classifieds" tab from your BuddyPress profile page. Interestingly enough I found that if I did /user/classifieds/my-classifieds I was able to get to the right page.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Help me be clear about which link we're talking about. There is the Main Navigation tab Classifieds which should show All classifieds by everyone. Then if you look at a members profile there's a Classifieds tab on the profile page that should show you that members Classifieds. And on the Classifieds list there are links for My Classifeds and Add Classifeds depending on whether your paid or not.

Which are we talking about? A screen shot would be good.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

It's the classifieds tab from a member profile (screenshot attached) Clicking it takes you away from your profile instead of opening the sub tabs. But, if you navigate directly to "/member/classifieds/my-classifieds" it works ok.

Running latest version of Classifieds & BuddyPress.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

OK it may be a misunderstanding about how it works. If you are the logged in member and you go to your profile page and click Classifieds its assumed you want to manage your own ads you should get the screen you indicated so you can do so. Same thing happens if you use the main navigation My Classifieds link. This is the page with the Active, Saved, Ended ads.

If your looking at another users profile page and you hit classifieds onhis profile page you'll get a list of his classifieds and a submenu link "All" to view All classifieds.

I've just gone thorough this here on my machine and that's what it's doing.

What am I missing?

• jaynevada
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

If you click that button whilst on ANY profile, it will go to the members page. The only way I am able to get to the page as screenshotted is if I go via my navigation.

Just a quick mention that this is in conjuntion with the membership plugin, could it be that these two are conflicting?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

OK I've got a nomenclature problem. You seem to be mixing Member Page and Profile Page. A member page has a Profile link on it which takes you to the profile page which is sub to the Member page. The first screen shot above is a Member page with the Classifieds sub page and menu showing.

Are you saying that if I go to the Member page, click Profile and then Click Classifieds that it goes some where other than the screenshot you have above? It's working what I consider correctly here. So I'm not sure I've identified your complaint yet. Note that as I indicated above, you only get that screen if you are the LOGGED in member. On any other Member page you get that Members classifieds list and an All in the sub menu.

• jaynevada
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

To Clarify exactly what is happening, when I log in and go to my actrivity, then click on the classifieds link as above the the screenshot, I get sent to a page with all members on it.

Theme is TwentyTwelve,
    Plugins used as follows:
    All In One SEO Pack
    bbPress
    BuddyPress
    Classifieds
    Image Widget
    Membership
    Page Links To
    Page Restrict
    SlideDeck 2
    WPMU DEV Dashboard

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.