My Classifieds page being blocked by membership plugin

Hi

I am not sure which plugin is to blame on this but I am using both Membership Plugin alongside classified plugin.
Now I am sure this was all working fine up until the recent updates, but now when a logged in subscriber role member tries to access "My Classifieds" through the buddypress menu, they get directed to my protected content page.
I have checked my access levels on my membership plugin and all looks fine. Also I have checked that the "My Classifieds" page is still there. Also I have made sure the subscriber role settings are good.

Can anyone please shed some light on this for me? I was going live today until I found this glitch :slight_frown:

Kind regards
Mark

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@mark_bonito,

I tried some of this on my test site and wasn't able to reproduce it. Are you using any URL groups within Membership? Or any you perhaps using any BuddyPress rules?

Looks like you're on version 2.3.3.5 of Classifieds at the moment. Could you update to 2.3.3.6?

This problem really could be many different things, but is likely related to an access level that isn't setup quite right. I'm not sure why it would have changed after an update though.

Would you mind letting me login to take a look? This would probably be the fastest way to track down this issue. I still have the login info you sent me a few months ago if that's ok to use.

Best regards

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hey @mark_bonito,

I just took a look, and the problem has to do with the BuddyPress Pages rules. They are applied as "positive" so those two options are the only ones that can be used. everything else becomes protected.

Right now Membership can't directly access other BuddyPress tabs for protection. There are however is a workaround I can recommend. You could try using URL groups to protect the exact BuddyPress URLs

Best regards

• mark_bonito
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi

Thanks again. So the classified tab becomes part of the buddypress pages but does not show up on the membership options?

This isnt too bad for me as the subscription enables all buddypress pages. I just removed the buddypress pages from the positive and now it seems to work perfect.

Hopefully there wont be any further conflicts from doing this.

Thanks again

Regards
    Mark

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@mark_bonito,

Right, the classifieds becomes part of the BuddyPress menu, but doesn't get added in Membership because it's a custom inclusion.

Good to see this is working for you! I don't at all suspect this will cause any issues down the road.

Best regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.