my client has a customized registration for that he wants

Hi, my client has a customized registration for that he wants to use. Is it possible to customize the default registration form for protected content?

Thanks!!

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, Mark!

The short answer: Usually, yes.

It will depend on what your client wants/needs the registration form to do, however, and it may involve an extra plugin. Can you let me know what the client is looking for, even in general terms?

The two most likely ways to make this work are these:
    1. BuddyPress, with the extended profiles component active. This lets you add extra fields to the registration form and member profiles.
    2. Gravity Forms User Registration add-on. This one is premium, and it requires a dev license to access the addon, so it's a bit expensive, but it allows you to completely customize the registration form.

Hope this is helpful, Mark!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mark,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

You would need to change the sign up process a little bit by having the sign up form first then set the gravity form so it re-directs to the membership page and they can just click which one they want to sign up for :slight_smile: since they are already signed up it will register them for the membership right away, or take them right to payment.

How does that sound? Basically you are just removing the PC sign up page and using your own then re-directing to the memberships list page.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.