My client is wanting to use the Jobs & Experts plugin

My client is wanting to use the Jobs & Experts plugin to post available jobs for hire instead of contracted jobs. How can I remove the budget section or change it to salary? I also need to remove the completed date section or change it to starting date. They also need it to last until the position for hire is filled.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @kristianechols, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

In regards to the budget & completed date sections, if we were to use the Network Widget Text Change module inside of our Ultimate Branding plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

You could change the text using that tool (making sure to enter "jbp" [without quotes] as the textdomain). :slight_smile:

They also need it to last until the position for hire is filled.

We can effectively set it to last forever, but we'll need to do a bit of custom coding here (some of which will require editing the plugin code itself, so please be sure to note down the changes, as they'll be lost on an update).

If we were to insert this bit of code into your site as a mu-plugin:

add_filter('je_job_validation_rules', 'custom_open_for_validate');
    function custom_open_for_validate($rules){
    unset($rules['open_for']);
    return $rules;
    }

That'd remove the requirement to set up the duration for folks. As for the hiding of it on the front end, you can insert this CSS code into a plugin like Simple Custom CSS:

.ig-container > form.form-horizontal div:nth-of-type(8) {
        display: none;
    }

.row.hn-border.hn-border-round.jobs-meta > div:nth-of-type(2) {
        display: none;
    }

.row.hn-border.hn-border-round.jobs-meta > .col-md-3 {
        width: 33.33%;
    }

Now, for the part that requires editing the plugin itself... if you open up:

/jobs-plus/app/models/je-job-model.php

And go to line 186, you'll see this code:

$expire_date = strtotime('+ ' . $this->open_for . ' days', strtotime($created_date));

You'll want to change that to this:

$expire_date = strtotime('+ ' . '9999999999' . ' days', strtotime($created_date));

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael