My client sells flowers and wants to be able to offer

My client sells flowers and wants to be able to offer a future shipment date using UPS. Where I run into a problem is Saturday delivery shipping charge - it does not calculate Saturday cost for overnight shipping. Instead, it calculates weekday shipping cost. What do I need to do in order to show actual shipping cost for Saturday when customer places order on a Wednesday but wants flowers delivered Saturday? We only use UPS Next Day delivery and PayPal for payment.

• Alexander

Hi @KWD,

I'm sorry this actually isn't possible out of the box with MarketPress. It assumes that the product will ship the same or next day and calculates shipping based on that.

This would require custom development to accomplish. Basically you'd need to add an extra field to the checkout process for requested delivery date, then have that day passed to the shipping calculator instead of the current day.

If you're looking to hire a developer to do this, I'd definitely suggest checking out WPMU Jobs. You'll find talented Wordpress developers who are also familiar with MarketPress.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.