My client would be selling health products to several

My client would be selling health products to several states in his country. Shipping costs differ for each state and for locations within a state.

1. How can I add the states for the country Nigeria so that customers can choose delivery state to determine shipping rates?

2. How can I set up different shipping costs for locations within 1 state so that some areas get free shipping while the other areas in the same state get paid shipping?

Thanks

• Vaughan

Hi @kate,

This isn't currently possible, we are hoping to improve the shipping features in the 3.0 version, but I can't give an ETA on this at the moment.

I'm not sure what else to suggest as it would take quite a lot of custom rewriting to achieve this, I will ask one of our developers to take a look, but I can't make any guarantees on whether it could be done or not with the current version.

Hope this helps

• Saurabh

Hi @kate,

Hope you are doing great today!

@Jack Kitterhing is right in saying that you'd need to hire someone for custom development as these are some modifications that can't be handled via a quickfix, here.

Just adding some details:

How can I add the states for the country Nigeria so that customers can choose delivery state to determine shipping rates?

Some of the regions are supported, by default. In plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/marketpress-data.php, you'll find a list. In fact, this is the file to modify, if you want to support more regions.

To configure shipping rates per region, as well as for splitting up regions into further divisions, for your next question:

How can I set up different shipping costs for locations within 1 state so that some areas get free shipping while the other areas in the same state get paid shipping?

You'd need to modify the shipping settings and calculations. This would require a developer. Once you have a developer on board, we can help with directions and any other assistance that they may need in customising MarketPress for you.

Do let us know if you need more help with this.

Best

Saurabh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.