My current students

My current students who have enrolled with me for the On-campus class, how do I allow them to have access to the lessons posted on the web site? They don’t need to sign up or pay, those arrangements have already been handled personally. I just want to give them access for the review of each weeks lesson, without having to enroll or pay on the web site. Any suggestions on how they can log in as a student and view the lessons?

• Nastia

Hello Jeremy , I trust you are doing well!

You can add the users manually to your site.

If they are not registered, go to Users > Add New and add a new user

Then navigate to CoursePress > Courses > hover over a course and click on Students

From there, locate the student you just created and click on Add Student

Another way, if you are selling courses with the MarketPress plugin, you can create a coupon for these students and email the code to them. So once they register and select a course they which to enroll, the can enter a coupon code and enroll for free.

Enable Coupon add-on from Store Settings > Add-Ons, and create a coupon, from Products > Coupons.

I hope this will help!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hello Jeremy,

With the method suggested by Nastia above. They can not or not allowed (in most common cases) to go to WP Admin Dashboard and add themselves into course.

Its you admin or course instructor can add those users into a course manually from Dashboard.

Later, on, once you will have those added in additional lessons/courses. They will then see these listed in my courses section of their student dashboard on frontend.

What you mean by multiple parts ? Can you divide those courses in Units and Pages ?

If you add parts as units and pages, then you can enable Show the Course Overview structure and Preview Options from Course Overview -> Course Description -> Course Structure. Additionally, you can also display time estimate (see screenshot).

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid