My developer and I are now working on the Classifieds

Hello, My developer and I are now working on the Classifieds section of this BuddyPress site. In general I must say that this plugin gives mediocre results out of the box. We have to work a lot on making things look somewhat professional. I find it all a bit clunky looking. Anyhow, we have worked a lot on making it look decent. See screenshot for the BuddyPress profile tab for instance. Now we will deal with /classifieds page and the /classified/xyz page. In particular for those individual pages I'm not happy with the picture upload possibility. These can be inserted in the text, but then they will just be in there somewhere. When someone wants to show several pictures of a house, it would be good that visitors can actually see some larger pictures of the bedroom, bathroom etc. People want closeups, not small pictures, and preferably in an easy slider.

Would you have any idea who to realise this? The text part may be even as plain and simple as the Excerpt box. As long as people can upload pictures of whatever they want to sell, and show those in a carousel or something like that.

Thanks for your ideas.

• Sajid

Hi @Edgar

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

For upload picture we have only one field and that is featured image. Its treated as main image of classified ad. We don't have built in gallery feature for ads, however you add more images views in content as WordPress gallery from Add Media and use WordPress fancy box to add a light box effect.

If you wish to see a built in gallery feature in classifieds, I can move it features and feedback forum. You can also post separate suggestions in Features and Feedback forum so those can be considered in development.

Take care and thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.