My Directory Modern Theme is broken. Only the header

My Directory Modern Theme is broken. Only the header is showing. I enabled support access in case you want to take a look. I had to switch to another theme in the meantime.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @F. Zaria,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have tested it on my test site and found it's working fine.

Is it broken on specific pages or on all pages?

Can you please try enabling WP_DEBUG mode? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true.

For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting when you face this issue.

This can also be due to plugin/theme conflict.

To find find out plugin/theme conflict you can just try on your development site using default WordPress theme like Twenty Thirteen and deactivating all other plugins as displayed in the following flowchart to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Support-Process-Support-Process.png

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• FZCU
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi! It is broken on all pages. Debug mode was already enabled. I found old code in the Directory Theme. Specifically:

Notice: add_custom_background is deprecated since version 3.4! Use add_theme_support( 'custom-background', $args ) instead. in httpdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3201

I already tried deactivating other plugins. I usually do that before contacting you guys. It is not working. It is weird that the plugin is not working with its own native theme. It does work with 2011, 2012, 2013, etc and other themes.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @F. Zaria,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

This is a simple PHP notice that you have shared which is only getting displayed because you have set wp debug to true and most of the time it doesn't affect functionality of site so it is nothing to worry about!

The directory Modern theme is working fine on my site.

Could you please grant me support staff access again so that i can troubleshoot it more thoroughly?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @F. Zaria,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

I've just checked with the directory theme and it appeared to be working correctly (screenshot attached).

Could you check and confirm if your still having any issues with this? We're here to help.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• FZCU
      • The Incredible Code Injector

Jack,

Hi and Happy Holidays. That is weird that it worked for you,because it did not work before and the error was rampant across all pages, not just a specific few. I will mark this issue as fixed for now. I am already using another template, but may decide to go back to the directory template in the future. Hopefully, the error won't occur again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.