My dropdown menus are not showing up

Your website says that you support all products, not just ones that WPMU DEV makes . This is a big reason that I joined your service as an elite member.

Since updating my Avada 3.1 theme to 3.9.1 - the dropdown menus on my site no longer work properly

Can you please help me to fix this issue?

Thanks!

  • Adam Czajczyk

    Hello Rick,

    I hope you're well today and than you for your question!

    I've visited your site and checked its settings. It seems that these are legitimate but I can confirm that although the menu items are being recognized as "drop-down" by the theme, they are not being expanded.

    That said, I took a look at browser's console and can see a number of JS errors. These are actually related to the "Formidable" plugin but may interfere here. I'd like to further investigate it so could you please let me know if you have made any (even the slightest) changes to your site apart Avada update, such as e.g.:

    - plugin/theme settings change
    - adding custom JS or PHP code anywhere
    - adding/changing CSS

    Also, have you already tried to run a full plugin conflict test as described at the flowchart in this article:

    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

    Let me know please!

    Best regards,
    Adam

  • Rick

    Hi Adam

    All of the customizations have been made from within the child theme called "Wordpress Makeover" - the Avada theme is in-tact from the developer..

    I have already tried deactivating all plugins and re-enabling one by one and I haven't been able to fix the error...

    Please help! We have paid google Adwords sets running paid traffic to the site and people can't navigate :slight_frown:

    Thanks Adam

  • Adam Czajczyk

    Hello Rick,

    Thank you for your replay!

    I took another look at your site's settings and I believe I found the main culprit. Guild here would be an additional JS code added to Avada config on this page:

    "Appearance -> Theme settings -> General -> [Space before </body>] box"

    This is breaking some JavaScripts on your site (I suppose there'll be more issues caused by this than the drop-down menu only). Removing the code makes drop-down sub-menu working again.

    As far as I understand that script is meant to convert HTML entities somehowe but I think you should be able to safely remove it since most likely it's not even working anyway. However, in case it's necessary, you may want to ask that code provider for help on fixing it. Alternatively, let me know what do you need it for and I may be able (no guarantee on this though) to find another solution - some kind of replacement for it hopefully.

    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.