My First Multisite Project

Nastia Hi Mate:

This is my first multisite project. I am designing a project in multisite for a pest control company who has 500 clients. The project is a reporting system to download only PDF files...it has 3 categories like site plan,graphs,documents (all pdf files).
In multisite or subdomains format is client.xyz.com
the question are as following:
1. I need a most simple theme to design (can you recommend one)
2. after design, clone the same theme for other subdomains
3. I need a plugin to redirect login to subdomains (can you recommend one)
4. create a a nice dashboard ( a tutorial)
5. hide the admin bar for the client (can you suggest a plugin)
6. Pages to be private and not public view.

I am trying to keep it simple as possible.

Thank you

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there SOLOMON,

Glad to hear you're going for your first multisite project, that's awesome!

1. I need a most simple theme to design (can you recommend one)

Suggesting themes is never easy cause themes should be a matter of design preference rather then functionality. There is a lot of simple and free themes in wordpress.org repo here I'm sure you will be able to find one there :slight_smile:

2. after design, clone the same theme for other subdomains

We have 2 plugins that you will find really useful for this. Cloner that allows you to simply clone a subsite within your network or New Blog Templates that does pretty much the same thing with addition of allowing your members to select "site template" on site registration, this is also available for you when creating subsites from your admin .

3. I need a plugin to redirect login to subdomains (can you recommend one)

Not really sure what you mean by this, can you please add more information or an example of what you're trying to achieve.

4. create a a nice dashboard ( a tutorial)
    5. hide the admin bar for the client (can you suggest a plugin)

Both should be something that you could do with Ultimate Branding that allows you to rebrand your admin panels in your network.

6. Pages to be private and not public view.

This would also depend on which specific pages you want hidden and for whom?

It would also be worth posting in the members section of the forum where you can discuss this with other members who have already done such projects, I'm sure they will be able to offer some valuable input on this.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there SSOLOMON,

Which specific links are we talking about? Are those links from page/post content or links to for example posts in blog page or any other pages on the site?

Would you mind granting us temporary admin access via our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin so I can take a look? You'll find more information on how to do that by following this link: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Looking forward for your response!

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.