My front page template was just lost

Hello,

I have been working at this site for some time now and the front page I was working on is just lost ...

Please help me recover it ASAP!

Thank you!

• Nithin

Hi Alex,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I have been working at this site for some time now and the front page I was working on is just lost ...

Sorry to know that you are having issues with running your theme, I checked your website, and I could only see the basic Fixer frontpage, ie what you see when we install the theme. Was the customization what you have done was minor? or there were a lot of changes done to it? I'm not able to notice any console error that would have caused the front page to revert to it's original state, so it seems a bit odd.

I even tried the Undo button in the Upfront Editor, but it doesn't seem to revert to it's previous state.

Did you by any chance clicked the RESET THEME button, located under Upfront > General? If yes, this would delete all the changes made, and reset your theme to fresh theme.

I was able to notice some pages still has some customization's in it, like I was able to notice the logo etc. To be sure whether any other plugin is causing any conflict, could you please run a quick plugin conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out whether any plugin is causing this issue.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Rupok

Hi Alex,

I'm so sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. This is really weird and should not happen. And I don't really see any clue regarding how your English page customization was gone.

However, I can suggest you a better way to do this. That is, creating a layout with Upfront Builder. Please note, Upfront Editor and Upfront Builder is not same thing. Upfront Editor is for creating/editing your site content like posts/pages etc. On the other hand, Upfront Builder is for creating layouts of your theme. Please rename the Upfront Theme to another name because your customization will be gone if you update that theme. But if you rename them, then all will stay.

So the plan is, you should be editing your theme with Upfront Builder, then create a new layout (let's name this "homepage layout":wink:, customize that layout as you want, and then save the layout. After that, close Builder and load Upfront Editor again. Then when editing your page, select that homepage layout you just selected from the left column. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

In this way, your customizations won't be gone, you can use same design for multiple times with just a single click, and keep track of all your custom designs.

I believe, this will help. Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok