My homepage is now uneditable :(

My site was pushed live last night and when I went into the Upfront editor on the homepage this morning, the whole layout is completely frazzled (see screenshot)

The layout is all over the place, nothing really works and although I can get into the elements for most sections, I cannot save any changes that I make because the whole LH menu section is completely missing.

I need to be able to edit this homepage ASAP to be able to resolve some issues

**not sure if this might be part of the cause but the site was set up on a new host http://182.160.159.156 and this morning we changed the DNS on the main domain to point to the new server**

all other pages are accessible / editable via the Upfront interface... except the homepage.

If I access one of the elements by clicking on the settings cog, I can see the HTML tab but the CSS and JS tabs are blank and not clickable.

I am happy to provide admin access if this helps.

I look fwd to your assistance (again)

cheers... brett

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Brett,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I think you missed to attach screenshot so please share it.

I checked your site and found the home page is displaying fine so is this issue only occurring in the upfront edit mode?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Brett
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Vinod,

Sorry my screengrab was too large...

yes, it is the Upfront editing interface for the homepage that is all skewif... It was working fine yesterday because I was editing it prior to launch...

The only thing I could think of was the domain's DNS change to point to the new server where the install resides and that it might be causing a conflict.

let me know what you find :slight_smile:

Cheers..> brett

• Brett

Hey guys, just wondering if you have had a chance to look into this issue for me?

My site is live and I need to make several critical changes to the homepage but without the Upfront editor working properly it is impossible.

Can someone get back to me on this asap?

Cheers... Brett

• Brett

I have managed to resolve this issue myself.

I replicated the homepage on a fresh page and then changed the settings in the backend to use the new version of the homepage.

This is the second time that my default homepage has been corrupted and become uneditable. Not sure if this has happened before with other members.

Anyway, would be nice to get an acknowledgement and then we can close this issue.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey there @Brett

I hope you're well today!

Terribly sorry for the extreme delay on this issue; it looks like this thread fell through the cracks somehow.

It is possible that the DNS change may have knocked the homepage out of whack. But I would place a bigger bet on cache settings, or even browser cache/cookies or extensions/addons.

Did you flush the cache of any cache plugin/routine that may be running on your site? Did you also implement basic troubleshooting protocol to rule out any possible conflicts with other active plugins? Did you test the Upfront editor in a different browser?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.