My host said I'm not allow to use cron job, what can I do?

Hi,
I want to set cron job for my sport site to ensure that result and match updates are achieved automatically from the soccer engine plugin I used. However, I noticed that the premiereship league started yesterday wasn't update and the author plugin said I need to set wp_cron. After a several research, I disabled wp_cron in the config.php and set up real cron job. However, after placing my email and update I saw; "you are not allowed to use this program!" Also, it shows json parse failed when I used my gmail. What can I do? How can I set real cron job not only for the soccer engine but also for autopost to social networks?

Regards

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Barni,

What hosting provider do you use? If you can't set the real cron, maybe you have to contact them to have that enabled for your account?
    I know that the wp_cron can fail on sites with very low traffic (few users a day) and if your site is still in maintenance mode it will definitely not work as it should. But if you are expecting high traffic then wp_cron should do the work as suppose to do.
    I'm not sure if there are alternatives for wp_cron and cron to workaround this issue.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Barni
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @Kasia Swiderska, Thanks for the note but I don't wnat to use the wp_cron because I will be using cache which makes the cron to go on vaction. Hence I want to use the server cron job to make sure that matches and fixtures are duely updated. Now, seems I will need to contact my hosting firm to enable cron job on for my site. Well done.

Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.