My last try before I give up, Login Redirect

Sorry to come back again. Am sad because it don't seems to be much answer on this forum atleast for some plugins.
I had a site that got messed up a month ago and I have tried on this Forum now 2 times without any luck.

My first post was at the Redirects Plugin-Forum April 25 without any answer at all. Then I made a new new post April 30 with one answer that I could get more help if I wanted, the no answer again.

My last try before I leave wpmudev, belov is my problem (again):
My site is a MU with 7 blogs and use S2Member Framework as membership script:

Login Redirects crash functionality?
April 30
Hi,
Ihave not got any responce under the "Login Redirect" subject so I post it here also:

I have big trouble and "crashed" the functionality of my Blog when installing Login Redirect.

It didnt take me to right place (MU site with 7 blog). The first in the root: http://mydomain.com is public and there is also a Login button. My meaning was that when a member made the Login they should arrive at one of the other "subblog page" but sorry to say this is what happened.

Now I cant show the root public pages, when taking the URL: http://mydomain.com it goes direct to: http://mydomain.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=%2F and what is showing up is not the public page but instead the wordpress login screen. And after made that login it goes to the main root index page.

After many tries I deactivated the plugin and also removed it BUT somehow it must have left something in a db-table or php page because now I can never show the public pages in the root. Always getting the wordpress login screen.

Take care / LarsW

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

I'm sorry that you feel your post may have been overlooked, but I guarantee it was not intentional.

Open phpmyadmin, select your db, and run this query:
    SELECT * FROM 'wp_options' WHERE option_name = 'login_redirect_url'

If it returns a row, then just delete it. If not, then your issue is elsewhere.

To my knowledge this is the only place the redirect url is located.

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

You can also verify that the plugin is indeed inactive by running this query on the same db:
    SELECT * FROM 'wp_options' WHERE option_name = 'active_plugins'

Click Edit to view the full list of plugins - you should NOT see anything in there with this text:
    login-redirect

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey LarsW, thanks for being a member and using the forum!

I have to echo what digitsoft has said, the odd topic might get missed but overall I would say this is THE most helpful WP forum out there.

I wonder if you could give us the actual url of your site? So we can have a quick look?

Ive used this plugin on multisite with no issues whatsoever so Im wondering what your issue could be, perhaps an htaccess thing? Have you edited/customised your htaccess at all?

Cheers

• eaglewp
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the reply.

I was in phpmyadmin and search for wp_options login_redirect_url and there where 2 places. Both said Autoload Yes but no redirect URL.

I deleted both, cleared cookies and tested again with the same result.
    When I take URL: http://mydomain.com it goes direct to the Wordpress login screen and the URL changes to: http://mydomain.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=%2F have tested both with IE and Firefox.

Take care / Lars

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

So what is "Login LockDown", could this plugin be the issue?

Have you disabled every plugin and tried the site?

Sorry Im trying to think of alternatives to Login Redirect plugin being the issue because I cant think how it is....

Also did you check that nothing weird is in your htaccess?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The best way to do it is disable all the plugins and see if the issue is still there. if it is, please post and it might be an issue with the configuration or an incorrect redirect request

If the issue resolves after all the plugins are disabled, activate the plugins one by one and see which plugin causes the issue.

Please perform this and let us know about the results.

Also did you check that nothing weird is in your htaccess?

Please post your .htaccess if possible

Cheers
    PC

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings eaglewp,

I have been occasionally watching the progress of this thread from the beginning and seen that the issue here is probably related to Login LockDown.

@Rob and PC great job people trying to hunt this down in which it appears you have.

Please advise as to the results of your issue with the Login Redirect after having deactivated Login LockDown.

Cheers, Joe

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Yeh me too Joe I reckon its a conflict as Ive used the redirect plugin with no issues at all. Its al I could think of being wrong with the info we were given here.

Let us know eaglewp, as you can see it is a great commuity here and we are all interested in helping you sort out your issues.

Cheers

• eaglewp
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks guys,
    You are great (it seems like that I need to be better to describe the problem :wink:

I made the same "mistake" on 3 of my MU-sites. I followed the help that I got and one of the blog's is now up and running normal again. Now I works the other two.

Will let you know which part that probably caused the problem's as soon as they are solved.

Take care all / LarsW

• eaglewp
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe,
    Sorry for not coming back. Yes, in a way.
    Two of the 3 sites that had the problem is now running properly. It dont seem to be the: Login LockDown but more a plugin for three extra fields in usermeta? Did deactivate a lot of plugin and then activated them one by one.

Also got other problem with that post didnt open when clicking on them and got a "Oops, cant find".
    That got right again when open each sub-blog in the 7 blog MU and "resaved" the Permalinks and so on.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards / Lars

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.