Managed Backups

My managed backups are not being uploaded to WPMUDEV cloud

• Luís
    • Support

Hey Lee ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Snapshot is saving the following in the logs:

[Error] Error spawning the S3 request handler, most probably due to a plugin conflict

You have two plugins connecting with Amazon services ("Amazon Web Services" and "WP Offload Media Lite"). Can we temporarily disable them to check if they are conflicting with this?

Cheers, Luís

• Lee
    • Syntax Hero

no. i don't have errors until i try shipper. if it is a conflict with shipper can't use it. this is love retail ecom. do not disable aws plugins must find another way.

there is only one plugin. they combine the work of two plugins into one last year.

thanks

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Lee,

Just to be sure, the issue gets resolved once the Shipper is deactivated? If yes, I could notice you have raised a new ticket regarding this:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/aws-php-sdk-failure-when-attempting-to-admin-shipper#post-1387989

I'll raise your concern to our team via the above ticket, so this could be looked upon. Please do let us know if you there is anything else related to the current ticket that should be looked upon too. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Lee
    • Syntax Hero

let's start over.
    Luís onened ticket after support chat.

backups scheduled via Automate do not get uploaded to wpmudev servers.

Example showing one domain setting at 100%. i have several acrosss 4 different servers like this.. just look at hub for failed backup icons

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Lee,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Just to be sure the issue is only specific to abcmedixxxxxx.net website?

We were having an API issue during the time frame the issue was reported, which did cause anomalies to Automate in general, and with backups not being uploaded to the cloud.

I checked the Automate logs, and I don't see any issue specific to abcmedixxxxxx.net. I have re-updated Automate settings. Could you please monitor, and see whether you still get the same issue with a new backup?

If you still notice anomalies regarding this in Automate, please do check whether creating a Managed Backups via the plugin side works, ie under Snapshots > Managed Backups section. So, that it would give a better idea about the issue.

It seems like the WP admin login(luiswpmu) shared via the chat no longer has Admin privileges. If you still have issues regarding this, please make sure to grant admin privileges to the mentioned user, so that we could check the dashboard too.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Lee,

Could you please share the abcmediagroup websites FTP and WP admin credentials so that I could give a closer look, and also bring this into our developer's attention.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login URL
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant URLs

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Lee
    • Syntax Hero

I ran a test of

1. snapshot to dropbox - Success
    2. snapshot to local host - Success
    3. snapshot from site to manage backup Wpmudev - <empty response> (see attachment)

Same thing on multiple websites. So it is not site specific

• Lee
    • Syntax Hero

errors in multiple sites not just one on backups.

Strewth Maaaaate! Automate Disabled, Action Required!
    G'day Lee,

Well this is awkward, Automate has run on http://www.abcmediagroup.net but has been disabled due to an issue.

This occurred due to a backup fail. We want to make sure that a successful backup is completed before automating anything.

Here's what happened:

Apr 17, 2019 at 4:02am: Error when attempting full site backup
    Apr 17, 2019 at 4:02am: Automate has been disabled due to multiple consecutive backup creation errors
    This can be easily fixed by visiting https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/my-websites/?site_id=removed&tab_slug=automate to rectify the issue and to enable Automate again.

She'll be right.

###############
    With so many failing I can't be the only one that is having this problem with the HUB?????

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Lee,

I do understand you are noticing this in multiple websites, but I'm afraid we aren't able to replicate such issues in general in our side with Managed Backups nor Automate. The Automate Logs doesn't point any specific issues in your website.

I could notice that the FTP login credentials share via live chat is working fine, but the login "luiswpmu" didn't have admin privileges.

I took the liberty to create a new super admin(wpmunithin) via FTP to check the issue further and could notice that the manual backups created are creating successful backups, but aren't getting uploaded to the Hub for some odd reason.

I enabled the logs, and the debug logs are pointing to the following errors:
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function createMultipartUpload() on boolean in /var/xxxx/abcmediagroup.net/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Model/Full/Remote/Storage.php:485

[snapshot][2019-04-19 09:38:02][Error] Error spawning the S3 request handler, most probably due to a plugin conflict

Seems like it's the Amazon Web Services plugin causing the issue. I suppose this plugin is used for WP Offload plugin? Or are there any more services being used Amazon Web Services plugin other than WP Offload? The plugin documentation does mention it isn't required for WP offload plugin:

This plugin was used by our plugins (WP Offload S3 and WP Offload S3 Lite) but it is almost certainly used by other plugins we’re not aware of. So although it is no longer needed for our plugins, we’ll leave it here for others

I quickly created a new test managed backup to see how that behaves with the Amazon Web Services plugin disabled, and the Managed Backup worked fine and got uploaded to the Hub.

This should be the causing the issue with Automate too. Could you please check whether this is the same with other websites? Do you have Amazon Web Services plugin enabled in other websites where you notice the Managed Backups not getting uploaded to the Hub?

I checked with the developer regarding if there is any workaround but unfortunately the issue is more related to AWS SDK not being updated in Amazon Web Services plugin side, and there isn't an easy workaround to avoid such conflicts in WordPress side in general other than making sure the AWS SDK is updated to the latest version.

Have reverted all the changes made, please do let us know if you need further assistance, and whether you have AWS plugin enabled in these websites, so that we could give a closer look, if needed. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Lee
    • Syntax Hero

All the sites that failed backups had the AWS SDK plugin active. All the sites had this plugin for over 12 mths and started failing 2 mths ago. I knew of the WP Offload Media Lite update that has a built in AWS approach last year, but since they said leave it I expected none other plugin to have a problem with it.
    I have deactivated it for now to see if all the backups come back online.

Why would snapshot be colliding with this AWS plugin?
    I have a problem with shipper and WP Offload Media Lite on another problem ticket. Another plugin has problems with an existing plugin using AWS SDK. But on that site the AWS Service plugin was not loaded or active just WP Offload Media Lite.

Thank you for the in-depth look at the problem. I'll close this ticket and reopen if needed. Thank you for your work on this problem.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Lee,

Why would snapshot be colliding with this AWS plugin?
    I have a problem with shipper and WP Offload Media Lite on another problem ticket. Another plugin has problems with an existing plugin using AWS SDK. But on that site the AWS Service plugin was not loaded or active just WP Offload Media Lite.

Yes, I do recall the issue you noticed with Shipper. I'll have to double check this with the developer regarding these conflicts noticed. Will keep you posted once I get further feedback.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Lee,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Regarding the Shipper issue, it might be more related to Amazon Web Services plugin, or other plugin having low SDK version, rather than WP Offload plugin.

We double checked, and can confirm the Shipper plugin do seem to start the pre-flight check without any issue with WP Offload plugin. Please do follow up in your original ticket for any further query regarding the issue.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/amazon-s3-and-cloudfront/

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.