my product list is empty even though I have products

OK, I have a feeling this is something totally stupid, but I can't figure out why my Products List at /store/products simply says "No Products" when loaded. I have 3 test products entered and can navigate to their pages, add them to the cart, etc. What am I missing?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings hart,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble there with Market press and products display on your site. This is indeed bizarre.

What theme are you using?

May I please have the URL for a look?

Are you running caching on your site by any chance?

Please advise.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• hart
    • New Recruit

The web site is http://www.theraspecs.com. However, the shop is not live to the public. Right now the /shop page is just links to PayPal Website Payments (which is what I'm looking to replace.) All the shop pages are private to me as a Wordpress admin. I could try to put it behind a wordpress password and send that to you if it would help? Advise where I should send it if I do that.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings hart,

So for your shop we cannot see the front end?

Maybe I am missing what you mean by product list?

but I can't figure out why my Products List at /store/products simply says "No Products" when loaded.

Why cant we see this?

Go ahead and send credentials to aecnu (at) incsub.com and I shall happily take a look. Please be sure to include the link to this ticket in the email:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/my-product-list-is-empty-even-though-i-have-products

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Hart,

Sorry for the big delay here, we have been smashed with issues since the release of WordPress 3.4 then shortly after the release of Buddy Press 1.5.6

Thank you for sending credentials so that I could at least look at your page, which I indeed have done, and yes I see the page without any products.

Where did you get that URL from?

Even on my test production site this URL does not exist.

Are you using shortcodes in that page to render the products?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• hart
    • New Recruit

This URL has several internal references--I believe that the shopping cart widget referred to it, for instance. HTML that is placed in the Messages section under "Product Listing Pages" appears here. I wouldn't be concerned except that at several points the carts and other store pages automatically linked here and it always shows no products.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there, hope you are well!

Just checking in to see how things are going and if you need further assistance.

Sometimes when no products show on the front it is down to how the conditional statement asses the data to the show the content. I'd need to see the code closer to know for sure.

If you do then please feel free to reopen this thread or create a new one.

Take care and have a fantastic day!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.