My Q&A Script isn't workin correctly.

When I add an answer to a question it doesn't show up. I can't see a place to approve it (didn't think we needed to) - but I see in the buddypress area that there are 2 answers. When I click on the link there are none.

Domain is reptile411.com (dev site for bigreptilenetwork.com)
QA section is: http://reptile411.com/questions/

Thanks!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

koskow,

Hi and Welcome to WPMUdev fourms!

I tried to register to see if I could add an answer as well, but could not complete the signup. I'm guessing not everything is set up yet, so sorry for adding a crazy lone member to your list :slight_smile:

Can you check to see if you still have this issue with a default buddypress theme? Some themes are not buddypress friendly.

Have you checked to see if this is a plugin conflict? You can turn off everything except q&a to see if the problem persists, then systematically turn on all the others to see if it causes a conflict with any.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Kimberly

• koskow
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I gave that a shot, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Swapped back to standard buddypress theme. All the plugins in there are WPMUDEV plugins, except the directory plugin. Still no good. When I post a new answer, I get an email confirmation with the answer in it, however, it isn't showing on the site.

I did fix it so that you can login. You are now an admin.

Thanks for your support!

~k

• koskow

Hi! I am on the most updated versions of both Q&A and WP.

Settings:
    Visitor: View Questions, Ask Questions, View Answers, Add Answers
    Subscriber: View Questions, View Answers (i'm going to change this)
    Contributor: View Questions, View Answers (i'm going to change this)
    Author and editor had no rights
    Admin had full rights

I logged in as a normal subscriber, and when I click on the question, it isn't even there anymore.

Anyways, you have access as an admin, and I welcome you to login and look at it. You can also use the subscriber account u: koskow p: !@#123qwe

Thanks so much!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

I've logged in and looked around and it is indeed what you state, the answers are showing in the backend but not the front.

The only thing I couldn't do that I would have liked to try was a simple deactivate and reactivate.

Have you tried a fresh install of Q&A?

Something is keeping the Answers from being shown on the front page, but I'm not sure what. I also tried to vote and it went very weird for me.

I did not see any JavaScript Errors.

I will ping the developer to see if he has any ideas here.

Best,

Kimberly

• koskow

Thank you Kimberly. To be fair, I activated a lot of your plugins and now am a bit overwhelmed with the setup of each one. I am thinking about starting with the directory (which is from a different developer) and really learning about each of your plugins one by one. I will let you know what I find out when I get to re-activating it.

You're the best!

~k

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

koskow,

I'm very sorry you're still having issues.

I've done an install on a clean testsite and am having no issues and cannot recreate

Moha will be by soon!

In the meantime... there was an update on 5/7, I am assuming you reinstalled the latest version instead of the 1.1.8?

Best,

Kimberly

• koskow

So, I have tracked down the error to a conflict with a directory script. The script isn't yours, but only the Q&A seems to be affected by this. I have included the directory script. All you have to do is install it, then add an answer to a post, and all the posts answers disappear. Super weird. Also, as a side note, this directory script is available at codecanyon.net and has some features that would be good to pass along to your dev team. The company import is great (this would be good with the events+ plugin as well. Anyways, have a look :slight_smile:

As for the Q&A error, now that I have tracked it down to the other directory script, I realize that it isn't your problem anymore, but I would appreciate it if you could have a look at it. I sent a request to them as well, but haven't heard back.

Thanks a ton for your support! It is the best, and will likely keep me subscribing each quarter!

~k

• koskow

Oh, also, I want to be sure that there is an import option for the new directory script, as I have about 940 listings in my current directory (www.bigreptilenetwork.com) - I am using reptile411 as a dev environment. Once I have everything working, i'll move it over and scrap the old system.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.