My questions are about WHMCS MU Provisioning (which I have

My questions are about WHMCS MU Provisioning (which I have not installed yet)

1.I was wondering - When users buy domains using this system, who are they buying it from? Who is the registrar associated to this plugin by default?

2.Can this be changed?

Look forward to hearing from you

• Tyler Postle

Hey Cosmic,

Welcome to the WPMU DEV community :slight_smile:

1.I was wondering - When users buy domains using this system, who are they buying it from? Who is the registrar associated to this plugin by default?

WHMCS supports several domain registrars, you can view them all here: http://docs.whmcs.com/Domain_Registrars

2.Can this be changed?

You can only use the domain registrars that WHMCS allows; however, with so many options - I don't think that should be an issue :slight_smile:

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions here.

All the best,
    Tyler

• CosmicHeartBeat

Hi Tyler
    Many thanks for your answer. The link is very useful I did not see the documentation area before. Still new here lots to learn :slight_smile:

I have noticed the - "Email Forwarding Management" mentioned.
    Was wondering about that issue...
    Normally I would set email accounts from the hosting account, So I am not so clear about how this would be worked out? If all the sites are essentially on one hosting account?

I am trying to plan well before committing which way I go...

I have a hosting reseller account where I host and administer client's sites, but looking at doing it differently for future projects.

Any insight or suggestion would be welcome...

Best
    CHB

• Tyler Postle

Hey CHB,

Hope you're doing well today!

No problem! Glad that link helped :slight_smile:

Normally I would set email accounts from the hosting account, So I am not so clear about how this would be worked out? If all the sites are essentially on one hosting account?

I know users in the past have used this before: http://www.docs.modulesgarden.com/Zimbra_Email_For_WHMCS haven't tried it myself though, worth a look!

Another option that I believe would work is depending how you want to map your domains you can use the parked domain method and then most hosts allow emails for parked domains as far as I know.

Lastly, you could charge extra for email and use services like google apps. $5/mo per email - you could tack it onto their monthly fee somewhere - would make it convenient for the user.

Also wonder if the - Curl Support (with SSL)- requirement, is because the plugin makes loopback connections to the servers where the main site is hosted?

To be honest, I have never looked into that - but that would make sense!

Hope this helps. Let us know if you still have any questions/concerns :slight_smile: Happy to assist.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.