My service provider isn't receiving appointment confirmation by email.

As the site admin, when a client books an appointment with a service provider other than myself, I receive the appointment notice but the service provider doesn't. How can I fix this? The provider is added as a user to the site and I have enabled "let service provider confirm appointment"

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kevin,

Hope you are well today! Let's see how we can resolve this for you :slight_smile:

If you are the admin of the site then you will get the notification if you have the "Send Notification to Admin if confirmation is required", even if you aren't the provider for that service, so that's normal behavior.

As for the provider, they should be getting a copy as well if you have "let the service provider confirm appointment".

Are your appointments paid? are your service providers receiving the confirmation email when the appointment is confirmed?

Let us know! If you still aren't able to get it resolved then can you grant us support access? You can do this via wp admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Support. Then we can take a closer look at your settings if needed :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. Make sure your service providers checks their spam box just in case.

• Kevin

Hey Tyler,
    I'm not sure if this is another problem or if it is still related to the way that I've set things up, but today, a client booked an appointment for a training service and as an option for the provider one was no preference. That can't happen! That choice cannot be available but....I received the email confirming the appointment. So it seems that the only person receiving anything is me... the site admin. My other providers are on the site as contributors can that be?
    Anyways, I have enabled you to be able to take a look so, let me know once you've poked around.
    Thanks

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kevin,

Hope you are well today and thanks for your patience!

I took a closer look at your settings and I think I found the conflicts here.

1. You have the "Send Notification to admin if confirmation is required" set to "Yes"; however, your appointments auto confirm so manual confirmation isn't required. You can set this to "No".

2. You have all other providers set to "Dummy". This will cause all their emails to be sent to whichever user is assigned to them in the General settings, which in this case is you.

I have attached screenshots to illustrate both of these. Once you correct those then all should be good :slight_smile: PS. I blurred out your last name just in-case you didn't want it in the forums.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you still need further assistance.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Kevin

Morning Tyler,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Well, I've made the corrections. I could understand that Kaitlon was set as a dummy. The minute that you suggested that ..I KNEW that was what I did. I think that that will do it.
    Tyler, Is there a way when clients are booking a training service, that the options or choices can be limited? Example:
    A client wants a 60 minute training session choice 1 would be with myself, choice two would be with my provider Kaitlon, but there is also an option for this service to choose no preference....in other words nobody...that...is a problem.
    Obviously... if a client doesn't want training services and just wants to use the gym, then they can choose "gym usage" as a service and at THAT point there is no need to choose a provider so no preference can be an option.
    I hope you understand.
    Let me know. Have a great day!

• pxwm

Hi @aristath - I hope you don't mind me chiming in

Hi @Kevin

If I've understood correctly you can achieve this through the following shortcode:-

[app_service_providers empty_option="Please, select"]

Adding the parameter: empty_option replaces the 'no preference' with the text you add in the parameter.
    In the above example the dropdown would show "Please, select"

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @Kevin,

If you wish to try changing the shortcode then please try the following:-

Then select 'Pages' in the left hand menu
    Then select the 'Appointment' page
    Then ensure the page tab is set to 'Text' (far irght of the edit page)
    Then locate the shortcode: [app_service_providers]

Then replace with: [app_service_providers empty_option="Please, select"]

Please Note: If you have any other parameters in the shortcode such as autorefresh="1" then the shortcode would look like:-

[app_service_providers empty_option="Please, select" autorefresh="1"]

Then 'Update' the page

Then sign out of Wordpress
    Then navigate to your Appointment page and refresh the page
    Then try making an appointment and check if the 'no preference' in the Service Provider dropdown now states 'Please, select'

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @Kevin

I'm pleased it worked.

Just out of interest could you provide a bit more detail how you would want to book multiple appointments for the same time slot?

Is this multiple appointments for the same/different services at the same time for the same time slot or is it just the option to book one or more services for the same time slot?

If you could say provide an example of your requirements so we can discuss.

Regards
    SteveB

• Kevin

Well Steve,
    I have a personal training studio. Many of my clients come to my place more than once per week. Example: Stephan comes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 7 a.m. and does that for 6 months. To book individual sessions is very tedious and time consuming therefore clients don't want to do it.
    It would be cool if we could figure out a way, that Stephan could book his recurring appointments a bit like he would in outlook or something.

• pxwm

Hi @Kevin

Okay I understand.
    There have been many discussions around this feature and it seems to be a feature that is required and I understand it has been flagged as a new feature request for consideration.
    However, clearly there are many different scenarios around this feature.

e.g. same service/service provider with recurring dates on the same day each week for a number of weeks
    same service/service provider across a number of dates
    and the list could be endless
    Another issue is how do you manage dates that are being requested that aren't available.
    e.g. Do you flag to the user that a date isn't available or do you forward to admin to resolve?

You may wish to review the following post that goes some way to offer the feature but only through the sdmin dashboard.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-add-new-manual-appointment-recurring#post-637248

Another option is to integrate Marketpress, as this would allow users to book a number of appointments, adding each one to the shopping cart and then submitting but if I understand correctly you still need to make single appointments to book the time slot and then just submit once. However as a minimum the user would have to make some form of payment even if it was a deposit. If you considered this option I'm not sure if you can then configure A+ and Marketpress so if you make appointments through A+ they don't have to pay but if through Marketpress then they have to pay.

Another option you may wish to consider is integrating google calendar and sharing it with some clients who could then use the calendar to make bookings.
    I've never tried this but I'm assuming if you shared the Google calendar with a number of clients then they could view all appointments which wouldn't be desirable.

Clearly a lot to consider developing this feature.

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @Kevin

When you refer to the 'calendar', is this the Google calendar?

Could you confirm what happened before you changed the shortcode as the change to the shortcode would have only disabled anyone booking an appointment for 'no preference' so would not have had an impact when appointments were booked for each Service Provider

Could you please provide a screenshot of the following:-

>A+ General tab - you may have to take a few shots of this
    >A+ Services tab
    >A+ Service Provider tab
    >A+ GCAL tab

Could you also provide a brief description of each Service and the Service Providers assigned to each Service

Regards
    SteveB

• Kevin

Hey Steve,
    What I mean by the calendar is that the A+ calendar shows my schedule and my service provider schedule. When someone books with the provider it also shows as me being booked for the same time so both the provider and myself become unavailable.
    We offer personal training services of 30 minutes as well as 60 minutes and I offer massage as well.
    We also let people use the gym without using our training services. This is limited to 4 people I believe. I will submit all the photos in the next few posts as you asked.
    You can look at my booking calendar as well to see the site.
    http://www.simplyfitcanada.com/booking-calendar/

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kevin,

Looks like Steve is providing some awesome help here! Sending some points your way Steve :slight_smile: Good stuff.

When someone books with the provider it also shows as me being booked for the same time so both the provider and myself become unavailable.

This sounds like a capacity issue. I notice all your training services are set to "1" for capacity. That means that once it is booked, no one will be able to book it again during that period. If you have 2 trainers then you will want to set it to "2". You can normally set it to "0" which defaults to the amount of providers you have but that likely won't work for you since you have dummy providers.

Does that help? Let us know if you still need further assistance :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• pxwm

Hi @Tyler Postle - Many thanks for the points, much appreciated and for providing @Kevin with the solution

Hi @Kevin,

I've checked your settings and as @Tyler Postle has suggested it looks as though the issue is due to the 'Services' capacity setting.

To confirm you may wish to try booking a 'Service' for the 'Gym Usage' as you have the capacity set to '5' so if you book one time slot then you should still be able to book the same 'Service' (Gyn Usage) for the same time slot.

If this is correct then as @Tyler Postle has suggested please revise the capacity for each 'Service'. I always set the capacity to '0' but as @Tyler Postle has suggested you could try '2' or '0' and see if this resolves your problem.

However checking your settings I have noticed you have 8 x 'Services' whereas the Service Provider Kevin Frost, who I assume is you, has only been assigned 7 x 'Services.
    Could you confirm which 'Service' you have not been assigned to.
    I'm assuming you have not been assigned to '60 Minute Training' which Kait Frost is assigned to but just checking.

Also just wanted to check you are assigned to the Gym Usage 'Service'.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Kevin

Morning Guys!
    Thank you both for the great advice and checking all my settings.
    I will make some adjustments as follows
    1. I will remove myself as a service provider on gym usage because clients don't need my services for that
    2. I will add myself as a 60 minute service if I'm not already there
    3.I will increase the capacity to two.
    This is where I have a question. If I raise the capacity for this training to 2 will that mean that two clients can book MYSELF at the same time? Or that that SERVICE has the capacity to be booked twice, once by myself and the other for Kait?

• pxwm

Hi @Kevin

I can confirm if you set the capacity to 2' on a 'Service' it means that the 'Service' can be booked twice for the same time slot but ONLY if 2 x 'Service Providers' have been assigned to the 'Service' or if you set to '0' then the 'Service' can be booked for the same time slot based on the number of Service Providers assigned to that particular Service. I would suggest it is better to set them all to '0' and then you don't have to worry if you assign or unassign a Service Provider to a Service as it will automatically know how many times the Service can be booked per time slot.

Therefore I can confirm you can ONLY be booked once for each time slot so no worries being double booked for the same time slot.

You mention you are going to remove yourself from the 'Gym Usage' Service. However I've noticed from your settings that you have created a number of 'Dummy' Service Providers and assigned them to the 'Gym Usage' Service and you have assigned the 'Dummy' Service Providers to yourself.

Therefore I would suggest it isn't a good idea to remove yourself from being assigned to the 'Gym Usage' so you are notified by email of any booked appointments for this Service otherwise I think you'll find that the notifications will be sent to Admin.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Kevin

Hey Steve,
    Yes I tried the service at 2 and it worked.
    The dummy services are sent to me because I am in charge of the gym and I want to let only 5 people in at any given hour that is why I created this service. Could I have just made a sevice "GYM USAGE" and set it to 5 instead of creating dummy services? That would make it easier I think but I still need to be notified that people are coming to use the gym regardless.

• pxwm

Hi @Kevin

To confirm if you wish to allow up to 5 x customers/clients to use the gym at anyone time slot then you need to have 5 x Service Providers assigned to the 'Gym Usage' Service.

I suggest you assign yourself to the 'Gym Usage' Service and 4 x 'dummy' Service Providers, therefore 5 in total.

Then when someone books an appointment for the 'Gym Usage' Service they will be notified by email and it will have your name as the Service Provider contact.

I hope that helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Kevin

Hey Steve,
    I will put back simply fit Canada as a provider. If possible I'd like it to not say that I will assist them because actually if they are using the gym, nobody will be assisting them.
    I'll make dummies like simply fit 1,2,3, and 4 like i had before and because I'm the admin I should receive the notification right? Although i don't know what the client will receive.
    I'll go into the office tomorrow and set it up.
    Have a good night.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kevin,

Awesome help from Steve here! I know I said it before but just want to say it again :slight_smile:

I'll make dummies like simply fit 1,2,3, and 4 like i had before and because I'm the admin I should receive the notification right?

That's correct - admin, service provider, and client should all receive confirmation emails for the appointments. In this case, if your dummy provider is being booked then that email will end up going to you as well. If you are assigned to the dummy's that is.

I'll go into the office tomorrow and set it up.

Sounds good! Look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Kevin

Good morning Steve and Tyler,
    Well it is done I think. I put back the dummy providers as Simply Fit Canada 1,2,3 which are linked to myself for the gym usage and set the limit at 3 I think.
    So now...we wait.
    Steve, I also tried to get in touch with the person that you sent me a link to about recurring appointments on the Admin side but no reply yet.
    Both of you guys have been really awesome with all of your help.
    Thank you both.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Kevin

• pxwm

Hi @Kevin

Many thanks for the update and please let me know how it goes.

As for the recurring appointments: Reading the thread I'm sure that the bespoke code only allows recurring appointments to be made through the A+ dashboard as Admin. So if you do progress please be careful as this would allow overbooking if some of the time slots were already booked unless they have enhanced to flag up non-available time slots.

Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.