My site is gone after Defender scanned

My website/ totally wiped out by defender just now lol one has to smile or be oh no
Aloha just did a defender scan and fix on http://www.creatitmon.com/ and omg site is gone all that is left is a white empty page/ and i cant get into admin / is there anyway to get it back/ fix this ? backups seem to be none as ive only managed to get one of the sites to do a back up on the manual settings/ all others have failed multi times and the automatic backups on all sites is so not working for me.

the file said it was a medium threat and needed to be fixed so i pressed fix / and it fixed it real good , lol

hope you are having a magic new years
warm regards
debie

James Morris

Hello Debra,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing today.

It would be helpful to know exactly what file was removed, but since your site has gone full WSOD (white screen of death) it's pretty safe to assume it was a core WordPress file.

First, before you do anything else, make a backup of your site.

Then, what you can do is download a copy of WordPress from the following URL:

https://wordpress.org/latest.zip

* Extract (unzip) that file to a place you can easily find on your computer.
    * Make a backup of your wp-config.php file (just in case)
    * Upload the contents of the wordpress folder you downloaded and extracted to your website
    * See if your site works then

If not, you need to navigate to your wp-content/ folder and rename the plugins/ folder to backup-plugins/ and then see if your site works then. You may have a plugin conflict causing problems.

Please let us know if this leads to a resolution to your problem. If not, we'll be happy to dig in further for you.

Happy New Year!

James Morris

Hoang Ngo

Debra,

I hope you are well today and I'm sorry for the issue.

Do you still remember which files you deleted? If so please list it, if you can remember only filename still okay.

Also, I will need more information for further debug. Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include cPanel (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.

Best regards,
    Hoang