my site is hacked - getting 2800 errors on defender

hi

i think my site is hacked. defender is showing over 2800 alerts. i try to "fix" the issue and the site is just hanging.

have also got over 40 suspicious logins from weird ids.

have enabled support access. pl assist.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello maneesh,

I tried to check your site, but I'm getting 504 Service Unavaliable error.

Please contact your server provider about this issue. It might be related to problem with hanging site when you try to fix issues in Defender.

If you are sure that site was hacked then you should follow those instructions https://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_My_site_was_hacked

have also got over 40 suspicious logins from weird ids.

Are those actual logins or login attempts? You can enable IP lockouts in Defender now

you can also block IP permanetly

Let me know how it goes

kind regards,
    Kasia

• maneesh
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kasia,

connected with the hosting provider. they said two things:

1. add a capcha plug in to your login page. This I have added.
    2. delete all suspicious users - this also i have done.
    3. increased capacity on the server. This also has been done.
    4. I have also disabled the accesspress social login plugin. so now the only way for people to login to the site is through the wordpress login.

however the site login form is still not loading. pl check. error message "the strategicsalesmanagement" page is not working. pl clear your cookies."

and nothing is happening in defender. the page does not move when i click on "fix issue". it is clearly a wordpress integrity issue. pl see the images

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi maneesh,

It seems like the support access got expired, I'm getting the following when trying to access your website:

To sort this faster, could you please send us your credentials so that we could give a closer look. You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello maneesh,
    I hope you're well and sorry for the delay on this one!

Your email with the FTP credentials was received just a few hours ago. I get disconnected quite often when trying to access your server though.

Additionally, when I try to open your admin's backend, your website is painfully slow and I get a "Service Unavailable" error or "Sucuri CloudProxy - Backend Server timeout" every now and then.

Please try to increase memory limit and maximum execution time. You can use the following as a guide on how to do that:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

You could also try and contact your server provider about this issue.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

All the best,
    Denitsa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.