My site is hacked! Please help me clean malware.

All of a sudden my website got hacked. When I try to visit my website it’s redirecting me to hackers website.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Dephined,

hope you’re doing well!

I can see that the reported domain isn’t resolving at all now. Did you bring that down completely? Please advise!

As for the cleaning services we offer, please keep in mind that we can restore a working backup that you might have, re-install core WP files and other themes/plugins (you should provide to us clean 3rd party plugins/themes) and then make a File Scanning using Defender to double check that all is clear. We can’t do manual code audits in all server files and database tables as this would require an extended time which surpasses the scope of our support.

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• Dephined
    • New Recruit

Hi Dimitris

I was away for the weekend when the site was hacked for the second time. My clients needed a quick and immediate solution. I was forced to redirect the domain name to a 3rd party booking site. This is why the reported domain isn’t resolving at all now.

I’m unsure what to do next. I’ll message to advise what the clients’ plans are and we can either proceed or close the ticket.

Thanks

Calum

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

That’s great Calum! :slight_smile:

Could you please proceed with a couple of steps in there?

1. Update all themes and plugins. If you’re using 3rd party plugins or themes (meaning outside of wp.org or WPMUDEV repositories) please re-download their latest versions from their official vendors and proceed with the updates.

2. Re-upload all core WP files. Simply download WP zip file again, and upload all core files apart from the /wp-content/ folder using an SFTP account.

3. Go to Defender Pro -> File Scanning and re-run it.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thank you,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.