My site is showing that I'm using the free version of Membership 2 Pro

Hi Guys,
I am a paying member of Membership 2. However, my site is showing that I'm using the free version. I am also unable to use the free version in its current state as I'm getting a "Registration is not currently allowed" error.

Would really appreciate your help in getting this software working as we're attempting to use it to is full abilities via PayPal right now.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Jeff,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

If you used free version of the Membership 2 before please remove it, install pro version from here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/ and that should be it.

If you were running Pro version before but you got downgraded to Free one that's because you performed plugin update while both M2 and WPMU DEV Dashboard plugins were disabled and plugin checked wp.org repository because of that.
    In that case you can also simply remove the Free version and install Pro version again.

Let us know if you're still having issues with this and if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jeff
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Predrag,
    I was able to remove the free version and updated to the 1.0.3.2 version of Membership 2. I double check all configuration settings including the PayPal data and they are working. Current issue now is that when you try and sign up for a paid membership - users receive the "Registration is currently not allowed" error and can't purchase online.

Need you help to figure out why the paid version of this software won't allow a user to signup.

Thanks in Advance

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jeff,

M2 shouldn't be blocking registrations, can you make sure that "Anyone can register" option is enabled under Settings > General in your admin section?

Also, after the upgrade - I am unable to set /enable protection on each page. And my current users Membership information no longer shows.

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jeff
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Predrag.
    I was able to get the registration page to open and allow new users to register. However, I am not able to complete the Membership 2 upgrade within WPMU Dashboard (just spins and doesn't complete) and I'm not able to use the "set access" buttons for new pages I create (all grey).

Looks like I'm having some additional issues that may be from the Windows dedicated server we switched over to. I am having the site migrated back to a Linux platform right now. Should be completed in next 72 hours.

I will let you know if I'm still having the same issues once the migration is done. Also, I enabled access for you to the site through WPMU Dashboard so you can take a look.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for granting access, I had a look at a page on your site and saw some console errors in there, and after clearing cache there were even more started showing up, you can check the console from your site attached below.

Mostly it's showing 403 forbidden errors so can you check if any of these solutions work for you:
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-403-forbidden-error-in-wordpress/

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.