Urgent situation

Hello,

My site is working normally until few hours ago. All of the widget suddently disappeared.

1. I tried to restore the database with my backup file, the sidebar appear just few minutes then it disappeared again??? Don’t know why.

2. Then I tried to add widget manually but it disappeared again in few minutes?

Not sure if i being hacked right now or not? No new user added to my site as I’m checking. I tried to change password already.

Please help me check. Urgent situation.

Support granted.

Thank you,
Tuan

• Sajid

Hi Khanh,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for granting support staff access. I tried to replicate this issue by adding a test text widget in your sidebar. I wait for few minutes to see it go away automatically but it were there when I came back after few minutes. I deleted that test widget manually afterwards.

It appears that were a temporary glitch that is fixed by itself. If you still need help than feel free to post a reply and share more details.

It could be a bot or hacker but to stay secure I would recommend you installing our WP-Defender plugin to ensure you will be safe and protected. There is also an upcoming feature called audit logging that will help you track the each and every activity of users on your website.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

• Jason Rubin

Hi Khanh

I don't know what your setup is like and what theme your on but a few questions that I would ask here.

Can you confirm that this is happening to you in multiple browsers?
    Can you confirm that this is also happening on the mobile side?
    If you are loosing the view of this widget and your using upfront, make sure that the element is not hidden. ( I bring this up because in the past I burned up a good deal of time figuring that one out ).
    ie (hidden) shows up full screen but when you drop in size it is omitted.

And with what Sajid says above. Definitely look at locking up the site with Defender. Also some really good blog articles here on WPMUDEV recently talk about how you can tighten up security and performance through understanding and working with your htaccess file.

Hope that things clear up there for you and you have a great weekend!
    Cheers
    Jason

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.