My site loads too

My site loads too slowly. A test on https://tools.pingdom.com/ indicates 20 JavaScript files served from ccemu.org. Do you have a plugin to help with this?

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Susan

Hope you had a wonderful day!

I would recommend you to use our optimization plugin - Hummingbird, especially the Minification section of this plugin it helps you to minify and combine your CSS and JS files.

Also, the best practice is to load as many scripts as possible in the footer of your site, so slow-loading scripts won’t prevent vital parts of your site from loading quickly.

So, first, you can choose what files minify and combine - you can start with CSS files. Then start enabling minification and combining for JS files one by one - you can also change how they are placed: in the footer and defer them or leave the original place. Some scripts need to be implemented in the header, so if you change them to footer they will stop working. It’s a good rule of thumb to give your site a quick test after each optimization step to make sure all pages and elements are loading as they should.

If you have any additional questions please let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.