My slider plugin is conflicting with my Timetable plugin

Hello,

Being new to WPMU Dev I'm not entirely sure if this is a question that can be asked, but I'm having trouble with a plugin conflict that I've been unable to resolve...

My slider plugin "Layerslider WP" is conflicting with (I think) my Timetable plugin (http://codecanyon.net/item/timetable-responsive-schedule-for-wordpress/7010836) and despite requests to each supplier's support teams it has gone unresolved.

The problem doesn't manifest consistently: on certain browsers the slider works great and in others it doesn't work at all.

If you can provide any guidance it would be much appreciated.

-Donovan

• Andre Foisy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello there @ddeschn

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community, and thank you for contacting our support team with your question.

I hope you're having a great day! :slight_smile:

I'm sorry to see you have this issue going on, but I can assure you that your question is a legitimate question and the kind you can ask here anytime, that is what this service is meant for, and we'll do all we can to help you solve this. :slight_smile:

That said, would you mind running through the following troubleshooting steps quickly, in order to see if you could discover something that you may have missed and that may resolve the issue while going through them?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

We'll also see if the conflict resides where you think or not. :wink:

Best regards,
    Andre

• Donovan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks, Andre. All good to know.

I did run through that guide before opening this thread. Everything is as up-to-date as I can make it presently with the exception of the plugin "WooCommerce - Gravity Forms Product Add-Ons." I've tried deactivating that plugin and testing again to no different results.

Disabling the Timetable functionality does appear to have a positive result, however, the Timetable is integral to the site's marketing and, as such, needs to co-exist with the slider. If there were a way to prevent its functions from being called on all but the page's that it's being used on that may help enormously. The sliders are used much more often than the Timetable.

-Donovan

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @ddeschn, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

While we may be at the mercy of the developers here, could you please send in the following, so that we can have a closer look at what's going on here:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - What browsers this issue shows up on
    - A page where we can see this issue in action
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @ddeschn, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

To refer back to this part of your email:

Details of where issues occur:
    -Chrome – Works perfect. No history of issues.
    -Safari – Sometimes works. Other times, it displays the images and thumbnails, but doesn’t cycle through, even if you click it (see screenshot).
    -Internet Explorer – Nothin’ Gaping hole.
    -Firefox – Half and half. Sometimes fully functional. Other times gaping hole.
    -Mobile/tablet – Also appears to be fine.

Upon further investigation, the only time I'm actually seeing anything act up would be when I'm using Internet Explorer 11 to emulate Internet Explorer 8, otherwise the sliders are working fine on my end.

What were the versions of the browsers you used to test here? And are you still seeing this come up on your end?

Also, have you tried disabling any browser add-ons that might be inside of the affected browsers?

Here's the versions of the browsers I'm using to test here:

Google Chrome 39.0.2171.95
    Mozilla Firefox 34.0.5
    Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17498

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.