My Snapshot plugin seems to be corrupt

Im having two problems with this plugin and it seems to be corrupted data that I cant find or get rid of.

First, the intervals of the backups in the setting page do not show time or date.

Second, I can see some pending backups that will not go through. The date is 1969 and I cannot delete it. I cannot find the file in my ftp so I think it is a bad reference somewhere in the database.

Finally, backups are being sent to my remote disk as i configured it (google drive) but local copies are accumulating in my /wp-contents/uploads/snapshot folder.

Its a live site so I cant turn off all the plugins and use the default theme. Access granted.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mike,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've accessed your site's dashboard and took a look at Snapshot's settings. I'd like to make sure that we're on the same side here, if you don't mind. You wrote:

First, the intervals of the backups in the setting page do not show time or date.

I'm not sure however what exactly do you mean. On general settings page (for entire Snapshot plugin) there's no "interval" option. On settings pages for particular snapshots, the "Backup Interval" option - once you expand the drop-down list - is showing proper values of e.g. "Every 5 minutes", "Once daily" etc. This is is perfectly fine. Correct if I'm missing something here please!

As for two other issues:

Second, I can see some pending backups that will not go through. The date is 1969 and I cannot delete it. I cannot find the file in my ftp so I think it is a bad reference somewhere in the database.

I browsed through archives in your dashboard and couldn't locate and that wouldn't be "Completed", except 3 of "Pending" status that are in fact quite old but doesn't seem to be 1969. All these three archives have names that doesn't seem to follow default Snapshot naming convention so I'm actually not quite sure if these aren't by any chance some "left-overs" after initial Snapshot trials?

I may be wrong here of course, so could you please point me to an example snapshot in question?

Finally, backups are being sent to my remote disk as i configured it (google drive) but local copies are accumulating in my /wp-contents/uploads/snapshot folder.

Please go to settings ("edit") page for each snapshot, scroll down a bit and locate the "Maximum number of local archives" option. I didn't check all your snapshots but for two randomly chosen, this option is set to "30" meaning that for each of this snapshots up to 30 backups will be kept locally (on your server) in addition to being sent to Google Drive.

Please note, that this setting is applied to each snapshot created separately, meaning that if there's only a single snapshot there'll be up to 30 archives stored but if there's more - maximum number of stored backups will equal (Number_of_Snapshots * 30).

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mike,

Thanks for this additional explanation, I'm sorry I missed the point first time!

That settings for "Start Backup" option are assigned dynamically (actually, not settings itself but just setting form) while you're selecting "Backup interval" option. Therefore, this "Start backup" form shows up when you change an option. Once you save settings it's gone but settings are saved to the database.

In case you'd like to change "Start Backup" setting just select "Backup Interval" other than currently selected (no need to save settings at this point) and then switch back to it. The form will appear and you should be able to change setting.

I hope that helps in relation to point #1. As for point #2 (the "Pending/1969" issue), I'd really appreciate some further explanation and possibly a precise indication of snapshot/archive in question.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Mike D

The first issue I brought up was fixed by a recent update of this plugin. I am still waiting on some feedback for the second issue. I will grant access today, please try and look at it before the support access expires again.

Please, please look at it. Having errors with the backup plugin, Snapshots, gives me little confidence that I can recover my site if something goes wrong (and it will!) and I'm afraid to move forward with development of my sites.

Thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mike,

Sorry this is taking so long, our developers are quite bombarded with questions and ones like these which we can't replicate no matter what are not making their job easier.
    Hopefully they will be able to get some insight on this soon.

Just to let you know that we are also working on full site backup option that will be available to our members. You can read more about this on your dashboard https://premium.wpmudev.org/dashboard/my-websites/ under backups tab.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.